• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels AGM is Gone

Ron Mexico

4 minutes ago, Swordsman78 said:

They declined his option his option for 2024, in other words, they declined to offer a new contract, which may or may not have been accepted based on the terms and salary.

Wrong. The Angels did not pick up his option. There was never a new contract on the table. You look more foolish with each post.

28 minutes ago, Swordsman78 said:

Ok you cited a couple of so - so minor examples that you could pin on any manager.   As I pointed out before, there were also just as many decisions that did work out and resulted in wins.

Give me a list of the decisions that did work and resulted in wins, and I’ll give you a longer list of decisions that didn’t work and resulted in losses.

18 minutes ago, BTH said:

Give me a list of the decisions that did work and resulted in wins, and I’ll give you a longer list of decisions that didn’t work and resulted in losses.

That's all water under the bridge and I'm not burning any daylight doing research for your dumb hypothesis

What we all should be talking about is how many times is Perry going to get away with "I've got to do something", as a reason to change managers, in order to get the same results.  The guy is a horrible leader and mentor.

Edited by Swordsman78

32 minutes ago, Swordsman78 said:

That's all water under the bridge and I'm not burning any daylight doing research for your dumb hypothesis

It was your hypothesis.

You said “there were also just as many decisions that did work out and resulted in wins.”

If so, prove it. Don’t make unsubstantiated claims.

6 hours ago, Swordsman78 said:

They declined his option his option for 2024, in other words, they declined to offer a new contract, which may or may not have been accepted based on the terms and salary.

They didn't offer him anything more than good wishes. You are seriously in need of some counseling. 

6 hours ago, Swordsman78 said:

No offer, Minasian and Moreno decided to cut ties. These are called... facts. 

14 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I think it was all Arte 

By firing both Nevin and Tamin, Arte pushes Minasian further down the food chain. Arte is de facto POBO. This combined with Minasian's one-year contract works against attracting top managerial candidates.

If Arte were to extend Minasian's contract that would help stabilize the org but I don't see that happening. TBH it's not really clear at this point what Minasian's role is.

Edited by Jay

16 hours ago, BTH said:

Is that really a better situation for Arte?

IMO, he comes off looking worse if Perry resigns than if he fires Perry.

Yes because the "meddling", "stupid" & "greedy" owner who turns every pinchable penny (perhaps next, in such minds, to be the savings from Perry's final year if he quits) into "yacht fuel" worries about his "look" & what people think of him? Whether real or perceived, a person's actions/words have consequences & the same is true for Perry. From his initial claim that the team was only a few pieces away from contending to his questionable depth acquisitions (that led, this year, to a surprising fire sale of said players only a month or so later) & now with Tamin's firing which dealt a significant blow to the structure he backed & built. Which, sadly...is in no way is a great "look" for Perry either...

2 hours ago, Jay said:

If Arte were to extend Minasian's contract that would help stabilize the org but I don't see that happening. TBH it's not really clear at this point what Minasian's role is.

He’s basically Arte’s AGM.

Do all the nitty, gritty stuff I don’t want to do. I’ll tell you who to bring in. You figure out the fine details.

Just now, BTH said:

He’s basically Arte’s AGM.

Do all the nitty, gritty stuff I don’t want to do. I’ll tell you who to bring in. You figure out the fine details.

This just isn’t true. A lot of you guys are saying this but it’s based on not extending the manager none of us wanted extended and because the AGM was let go mutually. This is another overblown belief. 

52 minutes ago, Stradling said:

This just isn’t true. A lot of you guys are saying this but it’s based on not extending the manager none of us wanted extended and because the AGM was let go mutually. This is another overblown belief. 

Some of us wanted Nevin back. The musical chairs of managers needs to stop.

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Arte: Alex, I don't really see a role for you here going forward.

Tamin: Maybe it's better if I go somewhere else.

Arte: Agreed.

4 hours ago, Jay said:

By firing both Nevin and Tamin, Arte pushes Minasian further down the food chain. Arte is de facto POBO. This combined with Minasian's one-year contract works against attracting top managerial candidates.

We are yet again in a position with a general manager who needs to prove he is capable of winning NEXT YEAR in order to keep his job. This is not a functional model.

Perry gets 2 years to clean up the mess he inherited, one year to do things his way, and one year to try and win on Arte's terms. Good luck.

39 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Minor point, but Ohtani doesn't have to ask to leave.

Is it a minor point? What top FA would want to come here. New manager every other year, new GM after next year. 8 straight losing season all new coaches coming in again. New AGM coming in. One of the most dysfunctional teams in all of sports. What direction for this team next year does anyone in front office know? Ohtani is lucky he will be out of this mess. Trout will wait and see.

28 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Is it a minor point? What top FA would want to come here. New manager every other year, new GM after next year. 8 straight losing season all new coaches coming in again. New AGM coming in. One of the most dysfunctional teams in all of sports. What direction for this team next year does anyone in front office know? Ohtani is lucky he will be out of this mess. Trout will wait and see.

No offense but not every player really cares about that stuff. They will sign Free Agents. Arte has had a bad rep and a been a mess for 5-7 years. They've signed plenty of guys. Including................Shohei Ohtani. Guys consider many things when signing, not always the ownership situation, the autonomy of the GM, etc. Good money, perfect weather, decent team? Sure why not. 

I'll tell you this--hiring Buck would provide more superficial value to a prospective FA than signing a first time bench coach. 

Ohtani was signed and Rendon, name another top FA who has signed here in last 5 to 7 years. What top FA is coming here this year. Angels have many holes. Been 8 losing seasons a new direction needs to be taken. Adding a Tyler Anderson and few BP pieces not going to change anything. Thie off season is a weak FA class and halos have little to trade from a very weak farm system.

On 10/7/2023 at 10:03 PM, Swordsman78 said:

What we all should be talking about is how many times is Perry going to get away with "I've got to do something", as a reason to change managers, in order to get the same results.  The guy is a horrible leader and mentor.

Wow, I actually agree with Swordsman.