• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels AGM is Gone

Ron Mexico

• Ron Mexico changed the title to Angels AGM is Gone
38 minutes ago, T.G. said:

I got the impression a lot of people here like the Tamin hire.  What are their thoughts now?  This might be more significant than letting Nevin walk.

I initially liked the hire, based on his resumé with LA and ATL.

But I can’t really say what he has/hasn’t done here.

Feels like there’s a bigger story here.

14 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Guess we just need to accept that catching up to the industry isn't in the cards.  Hope we sign a good RBI hitter.  Or maybe a pitcher with a lot of wins.

Play like it's 1985!

You know what this club needs? Another Gary Pettis! No hit, all glove outfielder with wheels. 

10 minutes ago, Mark68 said:

You know what this club needs? Another Gary Pettis! No hit, all glove outfielder with wheels. 

Nope -- he didn't get many RBIs.  Need a RBI guy.  Pettis' glove and baserunning was actually useful but the Angels need a Joe Carter type.  

Joe Carter -- 16 years, 396 HRs, 1445 RBI, 771 OPS (105 OPS+) 19.5 bWAR, 17.1 fWAR
Gary Pettis -  11 years, 21 HRs, 259 RBI, .642 OPS (80 OPS+), 22.1 bWAR, 17.8 fWAR

Despite getting more than twice as many ABs in his career (8422) to Pettis' 3629, he was actually a less valuable player.

But HRs and RBI!!!  That's what we need, and maybe some more cowbell!

Will Ferrell Cowbell GIF

Wasn't this guy supposed to be good? His resume looked great prior to the Angels, with the Braves and Dogs. Maybe he is inline for a GM job?

Him and the Halos parting ways may actually look good on his resume moving forward.

4 minutes ago, REDneck said:

Wasn't this guy supposed to be good? His resume looked great prior to the Angels, with the Braves and Dogs. Maybe he is inline for a GM job?

Him and the Halos parting ways may actually look good on his resume moving forward.

I wouldn't be surprised if most front office employees have updated their resume's.

Wasn't there a story where the team had a miscommunication regarding how to approach hitters? Like they were told to go for the strikeout instead of pitching to the situation? Maybe this is part of that? Idk. It seems like taking a step backwards.

57 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Guess we just need to accept that catching up to the industry isn't in the cards.  Hope we sign a good RBI hitter.  Or maybe a pitcher with a lot of wins.

Play like it's 1985!

I knew you'd eventually come around!

Next... you're going to go back to using Netscape instead of your current browser!

2 hours ago, T.G. said:

I got the impression a lot of people here like the Tamin hire.  What are their thoughts now?  This might be more significant than letting Nevin walk.

Yep, only thing I know about him is that AW members were excited when they hired him.

51 minutes ago, Hubs said:

Wonder if Perry is gonna be next. 

35 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

If he can't operate independently of Arte, he is.

If Arte is forcing out Perry’s guys and Perry doesn't like, Perry should quit now.

If I’m looking to hire Minasian in the future, I respect him more if he stepped down when he was impeded than if he rode it out while the owner was tearing things apart.

5 hours ago, T.G. said:

Much more significant without a doubt but very intriguing as well. As, if course, there has to be a reason behind his ouster. I mean...was this an Arte dictate or was it decision between the both of them? If it was the former...will the firing of his right hand guy lead to Perry resigning? Was the move made because Tamin was, somehow, responsible for the decision/s which led to the regression of the pitching staff this season or the team's poor trade targets? Or was he (and possibly others to come) being scapegoated by Perry to, perhaps, save his own skin? With more info yet to come it might be good to have your popcorn on standby...