• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ohtani has cleared out his locker

jsnpritchett

3 minutes ago, SoCalDucksFan said:

At the trade deadline, I would have put it at maybe 20%.  And that's being generous.  With the way it's gone since then, I'm going with 0%. 

And you have zero clue what he’s going to do. Fletcher, who literally wrote the book on Shohei says it’s about 30%, I’ll go out on a limb and say he’s much closer to the truth than the troll who created a profile to constantly post about Ohtani not coming back. 

3 hours ago, Stradling said:

And you have zero clue what he’s going to do. Fletcher, who literally wrote the book on Shohei says it’s about 30%, I’ll go out on a limb and say he’s much closer to the truth than the troll who created a profile to constantly post about Ohtani not coming back. 

What’s the point of putting any percentages on something no one knows anything about.  Anyone who puts less than 100% can later say they were right.  If fletcher is closer to the truth with 30% will you say he was more wrong if he doesn’t sign here. 

we will all wait and see. 

Some real welcoming people here.  I'd be offended by being called a troll, but I can tell that certain people here are just asses, or at least they enjoy acting that way.

I have been following the Angels since I moved to Orange County in the late 70's.  And I've been a Ducks season seat holder since the 1st game they played in 1993.  If it makes me a troll to post here about how big an embarrassment that a team I've rooted for, has managed to waste and blow an opportunity to retain one of the greatest players in the last few decades, and then not even get something in exchange before he walks, then I guess that's what I am.  At least I got here before the floodgates open and criticism comes from a million different places about how the Angels screwed this up.

I guess putting someone on ignore doesn't help when they're quoted, but I can't say I'm surprised at the insult considering the source.  There are a lot more tactful ways of disagreeing with someone, or criticizing their views, but I suppose some are incapable of that level of discourse, so they resort to name calling and insults.

2 minutes ago, SoCalDucksFan said:

Some real welcoming people here.  I'd be offended by being called a troll, but I can tell that certain people here are just asses, or at least they enjoy acting that way.

I have been following the Angels since I moved to Orange County in the late 70's.  And I've been a Ducks season seat holder since the 1st game they played in 1993.  If it makes me a troll to post here about how big an embarrassment that a team I've rooted for, has managed to waste and blow an opportunity to retain one of the greatest players in the last few decades, and then not even get something in exchange before he walks, then I guess that's what I am.  At least I got here before the floodgates open and criticism comes from a million different places about how the Angels screwed this up.

I guess putting someone on ignore doesn't help when they're quoted, but I can't say I'm surprised at the insult considering the source.  There are a lot more tactful ways of disagreeing with someone, or criticizing their views, but I suppose some are incapable of that level of discourse, so they resort to name calling and insults.

Yeah, don't worry too much about it.  I thought your post was fine.

9 minutes ago, SoCalDucksFan said:

It's ok when they get proven wrong or when Fletcher contradicts what they say, they don't respond

5 minutes ago, m0nkey said:

It's ok when they get proven wrong or when Fletcher contradicts what they say, they don't respond

I don't really care about that.  People can be wrong, but calling people names is just immature and childlike.  Not to mention it's as if I'm the only one saying these things.  Perhaps if I were the only one trashing the organization for the Shohei situation, I might appear troll like, but clearly others are embarrassed as well, being supporters of the team overall.

And if Ohtani signs any sort of contract here, I'll be glad to come back and say how wrong I was, albeit shocked beyond belief.  I realize that possibility exists, until he signs a contract, but imo, the signs all point to a more successful team offering him everything he's looking for, while his experience with the Angels has shown him that they can't.  It's what known as "Scoreboard," and the Angels haven't even come close.

5 minutes ago, SoCalDucksFan said:

I don't really care about that.  People can be wrong, but calling people names is just immature and childlike.  Not to mention it's as if I'm the only one saying these things.  Perhaps if I were the only one trashing the organization for the Shohei situation, I might appear troll like, but clearly others are embarrassed as well, being supporters of the team overall.

And if Ohtani signs any sort of contract here, I'll be glad to come back and say how wrong I was, albeit shocked beyond belief.  I realize that possibility exists, until he signs a contract, but imo, the signs all point to a more successful team offering him everything he's looking for, while his experience with the Angels has shown him that they can't.  It's what known as "Scoreboard," and the Angels haven't even come close.

Then find a bit of variety in your posts. You literally said you came here to tell us how bad things are and that Ohtani is leaving. Then you stayed true to that by constantly telling us, regardless of the topic of the thread that Ohtani is leaving. Variety. 

15 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Then find a bit of variety in your posts. You literally said you came here to tell us how bad things are and that Ohtani is leaving. Then you stayed true to that by constantly telling us, regardless of the topic of the thread that Ohtani is leaving. Variety. 

Who are you to tell someone what they should and shouldn't post about?

5 minutes ago, Taylor said:

90% of the posts and threads on the main forum are rehashing the same three or four topics over and over again. If you want variety I suggest searching for threads created by @notherhalo in the Hangout Forum.

Ok. Thank you for your guidance. You sir are not a troll. 

Clearly there should be variety, and we should be talking about how well the Angels are doing, and their prospects for October.  Well, instead of mentioning how they're probably about to lose a generational player for Nothing, we could discuss how Trout is having trouble playing more than 2/3rds of a season, while in the middle of a long term contract, or how their other high salaried player, Rendon, can't play more than 20% of a season since he was signed.

In case it's gone unnoticed, I've also made quite a few posts about how the owner is a douchebag, and the Angels are going nowhere so long as he owns the team.  This has nothing to do with Ohtani really, although in a way, it does.  As I've said in several posts, dysfunction starts at the top.

Also.....the title of this thread is "Ohtani Has Cleared Out His Locker," so forgive me for staying on topic.

But he didn't go anywhere. The overreaction was expected because every Twitter post sends people into a frenzy but all it was is he won't be able to play out the season so everything but his uniforms could be removed.

It had nothing to do with him being fed up or quiting on the team. It was just the disappointment he must have felt knowing his body wasn't going to heal. Understandable if you aren't running a preconceived narrative. 

3 hours ago, thebloob said:

What’s the point of putting any percentages on something no one knows anything about.  Anyone who puts less than 100% can later say they were right.  If fletcher is closer to the truth with 30% will you say he was more wrong if he doesn’t sign here. 

we will all wait and see. 

My 30% pick is pretty genius. If he signs with the Angels, I can say I knew better than anyone else. And if he doesn't, I can say I guess it was the other 70% 🙂 

10 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

My 30% pick is pretty genius. If he signs with the Angels, I can say I knew better than anyone else. And if he doesn't, I can say I guess it was the other 70% 🙂 

You can even tease us more and say 40% not knowing anything more than you do about him and his current thoughts

23 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Just to clarify here, but are you putting Ohtani the Angels at 30 percent, with the other 29 teams collectively making up the other 70 percent?

So like 2.4 percent chance he ends up a Dodger?

I like those odds. 

3 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Just to clarify here, but are you putting Ohtani the Angels at 30 percent, with the other 29 teams collectively making up the other 70 percent?

I like those odds. 

Feel free to think that if it makes you sleep better 🙂 

1 hour ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I like those odds. 

30% he stays with the Angels, 69% he goes to the Dodgers, 1% split among the remaining 28 teams.

If we were making odds, what would be a reasonable assessment?  I'd go:

Dodgers: 3-2

Giants: 2-1

Padres: 4-1

Mariners: 9-2

Yankees: 6-1

Rest Of The Field: 7-1

Angels: 8-1

I included the Yankees, even though everyone is picking him to stay on the West Coast, because they're capable of throwing money at him, and they're a major market with a legendary franchise, that puts a premium on winning.

I guess that ups my % of him staying in Anaheim from 0% to 12.5%.