• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Open to Trading Trout (IF he requests one)

Tyler

• 3 months later...
On 9/10/2023 at 8:49 AM, Reveille1984 said:

Barring the legitimacy of the article, even if he wants out there's just not a lot of realistic options out there. 

He has around 7 years / $250M remaining on his deal and already can't stay on the field consistently.  That likely isn't going to get better in his age 32-38 seasons. 

We'd probably have to be the ones adding just to get rid of that contract.

Is there another MLB owner named Arte out there hoping to pay big money for the great production he gave his former team? Who else is going to trade for an injury-prone superstar that commands a mega-salary while giving up high-caliber talented prospects and major leaguers required to land a player like Trout? No GM that wishes to stay employed is going to risk it. He is basically untradeable. Honestly, I hope that he returns to form while remaining an Angel. He is truly the last home-grown superstar from our organization.

On 1/5/2024 at 2:02 AM, EDinTUSTIN said:

Is there another MLB owner named Arte out there hoping to pay big money for the great production he gave his former team? Who else is going to trade for an injury-prone superstar that commands a mega-salary while giving up high-caliber talented prospects and major leaguers required to land a player like Trout? No GM that wishes to stay employed is going to risk it. He is basically untradeable. Honestly, I hope that he returns to form while remaining an Angel. He is truly the last home-grown superstar from our organization.

First I hope he can stay healthy and play 140 to 145 games with DH open this year. Trout controls if he is traded. If healthy and having good year he would be tradable. Angels would have to eat some of the money. I also do not think he will be traded and also hope he remains with halos.

9 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

First I hope he can stay healthy and play 140 to 145 games with DH open this year. Trout controls if he is traded. If healthy and having good year he would be tradable. Angels would have to eat some of the money. I also do not think he will be traded and also hope he remains with halos.

Why would the Angels eat money to trade its greatest player they’ve ever had?  

28 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Again you miss the point, only way Trout is traded if he ask. If he ask and Arte says ok to get anything decent back they would have to eat some money. His value is at a low point because of injuries last 3 seasons. 

I’m not missing the point but if he asks to be traded I’m not considering it if I have to pay any of his contract. 

18 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I’m not missing the point but if he asks to be traded I’m not considering it if I have to pay any of his contract. 

Gosh, that’s the first time you’ve told us that…

8 hours ago, Angels 1961 said:

Have not heard a lot from Trout this off season. Broken bone in hand from swinging the bat I wonder is it completely healed. With all OF missing so much time last year adding another OF may be wise. 

When you are on vacation do you check in with work on your status or do you enjoy being away from the job?

Trout goes hunting, fishing, golfing on his time off and spends time with family and friends while also getting in some endorsement commitments and he has a golf course that he is building as well. He also is a gym rat, so the guy is pretty busy without MLB interfering with his five months off. 

The Angels have four dedicated outfielders and two players that can sub as is. They don't need to bring in another pine sitter. 

3 hours ago, Blarg said:

When you are on vacation do you check in with with work on your status or do you enjoy being away from the job?

Trout goes hunting, fishing, golfing on his time off and spends time with family and friends while also getting in some endorsement commitments and he has a golf course that he is building as well. He also is a gym rat, so the guy is pretty busy without MLB interfering with his five months off. 

The Angels have four dedicated outfielders and two players that can sub as is. They don't need to bring in another pine sitter. 

Work!?!?

3 hours ago, Blarg said:

When you are on vacation do you check in with with work on your status or do you enjoy being away from the job?

Used to see videos of him working out. Flipping that monster tire over or hitting a golf ball 5000 yards. Hands are so important in hitting and with most pitchers throwing  95 plus I hope it's 100%. Did not get much vacation at the golden arches. 

3 hours ago, Blarg said:

Dugout seats still made of pine?