• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Open to Trading Trout (IF he requests one)

Tyler

3 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

If the Angels do this, then fuck them fully and completely. He's the franchise's greatest player in history by a huge margin, and while I can see trading him to get rid of his contract to go with a youth movement, if it involves also paying 75-100 million for him to play elsewhere, that isn't something that I personally could stomach.

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

You don’t trade him if you have to pick up any of the contract. Of Trout does want out let him figure out the money situation. Trade him and his entire contract to Philly for Marsh. 

what team would be willing to pay the full bill on a player that can't stay healthy and play a full season? 

unless someone in NY or Philly has been on a month-long drinking binge, i don't think there's any way possible for the halos to trade him without paying part of his salary. 

37 minutes ago, T.G. said:

Man oh man... some of you swallowed this hook, line and sinker. 

I have no idea if this is true and quite frankly it’s written in a way where it says “it could happen or they might consider it if he’s asked”. So in the world where this could happen based on Trout asking for a trade my opinion is you don’t do it if you have to pay money to do so.

3 hours ago, Stradling said:

I have no idea if this is true and quite frankly it’s written in a way where it says “it could happen or they might consider it if he’s asked”. So in the world where this could happen based on Trout asking for a trade my opinion is you don’t do it if you have to pay money to do so.

Of course it’s true. 

I am also open to buying a Ferrari if a dealer will sell me one for $5,000.

36 minutes ago, stormngt said:

How is this for thinking out of the box.  Instead of trading Trout and paying the team 100 to 150 nillion dollars to take him, how about increasing the team budget 30 to 50 million a year more and keep Trout and build a winner.

The Mets spent the most money how did that work out. Padres spent a ton of money. Just spending money is not the answer. Free agent class this year is very thin. You want halos to spend big on Giolito. It's time for a new direction. 

First off, there's no way this can be credible. Especially from Bob.

Secondly, I feel two ways if he were to request a trade.

1: I can't blame him for wanting to win. Money aside, if he requests a trade, then the dude deserves to play October baseball and get a ring. If the Angels can't help with that, then he deserves the shot to go elsewhere. 

2: As much as I love him, him injuries over the past few years hasn't helped his team at all. Yeah, they've played pretty crappy baseball, but when the captain is missing multiple months every season there's nothing you can do. You expect your best players to contribute to the team which wasn't happening at all. 

So, I understand wanting to play for a winning team, but he hasn't really helped that case over the last few years. 

For the record, anyone can discuss trading Trout on this website. Don't let me or any of my mods tell you otherwise. 

That said, this story is 100% click bait and BS. 

Look at all the media folks who never read the damn article but bought into the title of the tweet.