• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Open to Trading Trout (IF he requests one)

Tyler

Barring the legitimacy of the article, even if he wants out there's just not a lot of realistic options out there. 

He has around 7 years / $250M remaining on his deal and already can't stay on the field consistently.  That likely isn't going to get better in his age 32-38 seasons. 

We'd probably have to be the ones adding just to get rid of that contract.

Which franchise in their right mind would trade for Trout?

The only way a reasonably intelligent org would take his contract on is if he's healthy most of next season, which is not only a big if, but then would mean that the Angels should probably keep him.

I think the Angels are stuck with Trout, and Trout is stuck with the Angels.

I wouldn't be surprised if Trout requests to be traded, But I think it ultimately comes down to the direction Arte and Co. wants to take. The Pieces are there, the young talent is there, now it's finding the missing piece. Also, as much as I would love to keep Othani, it would not hurt to see him leave, could be beneficent having that DH spot open.  

The Angel's would have to pay some of the money. Maybe something like 75 to 100 million. Teams would trade for him, Yankees, Philly among others. Getting Trout at 7 years for 150 to 175 can happen. Trout would also have to pick team or teams as he has a no trade contract. If Angels going with youth movement out of respect to Trout, you do it. After 8 losing seasons, it may be right time. This will be decision Trout will make.

34 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Where did Nightengale say this?  He hasn’t tweeted it. Haven’t seen an article he wrote saying this. If you have the scoop like that you tweet it out.  You don’t tell “Talkin’ Baseball”. At least I wouldn’t think you would. 

Secondhand Boob news is a hot commodity.

6 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

The Angel's would have to pay some of the money. Maybe something like 75 to 100 million. Teams would trade for him, Yankees, Philly among others. Getting Trout at 7 years for 150 to 175 can happen. Trout would also have to pick team or teams as he has a no trade contract. If Angels going with youth movement out of respect to Trout, you do it. After 8 losing seasons, it may be right time. This will be decision Trout will make.

If the Angels do this, then fuck them fully and completely. He's the franchise's greatest player in history by a huge margin, and while I can see trading him to get rid of his contract to go with a youth movement, if it involves also paying 75-100 million for him to play elsewhere, that isn't something that I personally could stomach.

You either keep him and hope for the best, or you trade him fully and completely, without lingering payments that entails paying him to play for someone else. That's like divorcing your wife and then paying for her boob job while she nails some other dude. 

29 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Which franchise in their right mind would trade for Trout?

The only plausible scenario I could see might be the Yankees, and we’d have to take a ton of money back from them, probably Giancarlo Stanton, who I’m sure has a no trade also….not sure it’s feasible but if Trout wants out, they would have to try and accommodate him, so there wouldn’t be a lot of options.