• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Open to Trading Trout (IF he requests one)

Tyler

2 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Curt Schilling got it right! 

This is probably the only time in my life that I’ll agree with Curt Schilling. 

By the way, I think …

“Team X is open to trading Player Y if he asks to be traded” has always been a true statement at all times. 

If a guy doesn’t want to be there, you don’t want him there. And if it happens to be a guy who is more tradeable, then it just means you get more for him. In this case, I don’t believe Trout wants to be traded and I don’t believe the Angels could make a trade that would help them, so it’s a non-story. 

12 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

By the way, I think …

“Team X is open to trading Player Y if he asks to be traded” has always been a true statement at all times. 

If a guy doesn’t want to be there, you don’t want him there. And if it happens to be a guy who is more tradeable, then it just means you get more for him. In this case, I don’t believe Trout wants to be traded and I don’t believe the Angels could make a trade that would help them, so it’s a non-story. 

IT would be nice if Trout came out and renewed his commitment to the Angels.   Trout Leaving it open ended is causing all the media fodder. Silence =consent.

17 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

By the way, I think …

Schilling does drive a Ferrari.

52 minutes ago, Swordsman78 said:

IT would be nice if Trout came out and renewed his commitment to the Angels.   Trout Leaving it open ended is causing all the media fodder. Silence =consent.

Trout is not doing that because he does not know direction of this team. 8 years of losing and he saw how Pujols was dumped same with Upton. Trout may look at this totally different than halo fans. Like Ohtani, we do not know what they are really thinking. Angel fans get frustrated with losing and I'm sure players do also. Trout is not getting any younger and a trade may be his best option to the playoffs. Whatever Trout and Ohtani decide I would wish them nothing but the best. Both players are truly class acts.

1 hour ago, Swordsman78 said:

He has already said there will be conversations, what did you think they would be about? 
Its literally the first time i can recall that he didnt do exactly as you said, thats telling. 
No one wants to believe or even consider that the club might open next year without Ohtani or Trout, but right now i would say thats maybe 50/50 in terms of chances.

1 hour ago, Swordsman78 said:

I think Trout does want to the Angels to do what it takes to win, which is why I don’t think he wants to come right out and say “sure, guys, whatever. I trust you.” It also makes it look like he doesn’t care about winning if he says that.

But ultimately I think he also likes his life in SoCal and doesn’t want to go anywhere. Also, I’m sure he knows that he has not been the best version of himself the past three years, so asking for a trade at this juncture in his career is not likely to work out that well for anyone. 

Losing Trout and Ohtani within the same off season window would be disastrous for the image of the franchise. Which affects income as well as the standings. 

When I was at the game on Friday it was a very big crowd. Sure, the jersey giveaway was a factor. But I spoke to a number of fans and listened to various conversations. Most were/are loyal, disappointed at the losing and injuries. But still engaged in the actual game play. Groaning at the fielding, on their feet for O'hoppe's homer. It's still a summer pastime. Everyone wants a winning team and hope for the future. And sad but resigned to probably losing Ohtani. 

But losing Trout too is the only dynamic I see shaking the foundation of fandom. Even past his prime he still was on a solid power trajectory. And he's young enough to improve on some of his other numbers. Not MVP level but above average. Especially if fully healthy and rested. Regardless, he deserves to call his own shots. He's earned that. 

21 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I think Trout does want to the Angels to do what it takes to win, which is why I don’t think he wants to come right out and say “sure, guys, whatever. I trust you.” It also makes it look like he doesn’t care about winning if he says that.

But ultimately I think he also likes his life in SoCal and doesn’t want to go anywhere. Also, I’m sure he knows that he has not been the best version of himself the past three years, so asking for a trade at this juncture in his career is not likely to work out that well for anyone. 

We do not know what he is thinking. His career has only so much time left. Maybe he is tired of Ohtani getting all the news on where he will end up. 

1 minute ago, Duren, Duren said:

Losing Trout and Ohtani within the same off season window would be disastrous for the image of the franchise. Which affects income as well as the standings. 

When I was at the game on Friday it was a very big crowd. Sure, the jersey giveaway was a factor. But I spoke to a number of fans and listened to various conversations. Most were/are loyal, disappointed at the losing and injuries. But still engaged in the actual game play. Groaning at the fielding, on their feet for O'hoppe's homer. It's still a summer pastime. Everyone wants a winning team and hope for the future. And sad but resigned to probably losing Ohtani. 

But losing Trout too is the only dynamic I see shaking the foundation of fandom. Even past his prime he still was on a solid power trajectory. And he's young enough to improve on some of his other numbers. Not MVP level but above average. Especially if fully healthy and rested. Regardless, he deserves to call his own shots. He's earned that. 

I disagree to a point. Fans will still come out to watch games. If still engaged now with this team watching young players develop in future. Fans will come. 

18 minutes ago, Duren, Duren said:

More than it already is from a PR standpoint?
Maybe it needs to get shaken... it isnt just about one guy, its about winning, and were not doing that.  If Arte isnt going to do what it takes then whats the point of locking Trout into insignificance in baseball history?  Hes given his all to this club, maybe we need to do him a solid.
Whatever the issues are this club needs a reset worse than any ive ever seen in 50 years watching this game.  Were a literal laughing stock even with Trout and Ohtani, how could it get worse without them? 

22 hours ago, Angels 1961 said:

The Mets spent the most money how did that work out. Padres spent a ton of money. Just spending money is not the answer. Free agent class this year is very thin. You want halos to spend big on Giolito. It's time for a new direction. 

Completey irrelevant for what i am saying.  People want us to pay Trout to play for another team.  Myself?  I don't!

The trade would make some sense if we got a few goos prospects but those posting say we won't. 

Finally spending extra money does not becessarily mean sugnibg free agents.   I have stated several times on here themat we should stop paying the mega contracts for free agents.  

I am good givibg it to home grown players who had their greatest success while being underpaid for the Angels.  But not free agents from other teams.

1 hour ago, floplag said:

He has already said there will be conversations, what did you think they would be about? 
Its literally the first time i can recall that he didnt do exactly as you said, thats telling. 
No one wants to believe or even consider that the club might open next year without Ohtani or Trout, but right now i would say thats maybe 50/50 in terms of chances.

He also saud he "conversatiins with the team every off season".  So its likely not about asking for a trade.

What is significant is that he was asked "will ask for a trade?"

He responded "i am not going dignify that by answering".