• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels waive Moore (claimed by Cleveland), Giolito (claimed by Cleveland), Lopez (claimed by Cleveland), Grichuk (not claimed), Renfroe (claimed by Cincinnati), Leone (claimed by Seattle)

mmc

15 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Lucas Giolito trade may end up as one of the most disastrous trades in Angels history. Good lord.

It’s very good evidence that we STILL do not have the talent in the front office necessary to turn into a playoff contender.  Giolito is clearly in decline and we wasted good prospects on him. 

4 minutes ago, nando714 said:

Hahaha

this organization is pathetic 

I love rooting for them

I'd bet that none of the players who are being waived--or any from any other team--thinks badly of the Angels for doing this.  It gives them a chance to play competitive baseball for the rest of the season, only disrupts their lives for a month or so, and they were all going to be free agents, anyway.

Just now, Angel Oracle said:

I get Giolito, Renfroe, and Grichuk.

But doesn’t this reduce the chance of re-signing Lopez and Moore?

Sell the team, Moreno!

I think people put way too much stock into what does/doesn't affect chances of signing a player.  Maybe it's an indication the Angels have no intention of bringing them back--but the guys could also see it as a GOOD move by the Angels, as I just mentioned above, since it gives them a change to play for an (actual...) contending team.

I gave Perry credit for going for it back in July and I stand by that. However, I'm not sure I've ever seen a team in history fall on their face after going for it like this team did. Just when I think every low has been achieved, they come back with another low. So who's everyone's NL/2nd favorite team? 🤣

3 minutes ago, Ron Mexico said:

I wonder what Ohtani is thinking right now 

I said earlier that it's pure speculation, but I think one of two things could be happening regarding him:

1) The Angels got wind that surgery was going to be necessary and he was going to go forward with it, so they waived these guys as an acknowledgement that the season is over and to give them a chance to play competitive baseball.

or

2) Ohtani sees these moves and decides to shut it down and have surgery now that he knows the team is punting the rest of the year.

Either way, I think we end up seeing Ohtani get surgery if he needs it.  Honestly, at this point, he's kinda dumb if he DOESN'T shut down now, assuming he needs surgery.

29 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Lucas Giolito trade may end up as one of the most disastrous trades in Angels history. Good lord.

Well you can't fault the Angels for trying.  Sometimes things don't work out.  At the time, it was addressing a huge need.   Player failed.

Unfortunately all the Monday Morning QB's will be out complaining today with their 20-20 hindsight.   Although very few produced any suggestions before hand.

4 minutes ago, asuangelsfan05 said:

I gave Perry credit for going for it back in July and I stand by that. However, I'm not sure I've ever seen a team in history fall on their face after going for it like this team did. Just when I think every low has been achieved, they come back with another low. So who's everyone's NL/2nd favorite team? 🤣

I don’t extend him any credit for that at all.  Anyone can plop all their money on the table on one hand of blackjack.  The more difficult path would have been to evaluate carefully and show restraint with the future of the club in mind. All he did was sell off a bunch of young guys for washed up average talent that performed way worse than that once here.  I don’t find anything admirable or brave about that.  The entire front office and coaching staff should be cleaned out following this season.