• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels waive Moore (claimed by Cleveland), Giolito (claimed by Cleveland), Lopez (claimed by Cleveland), Grichuk (not claimed), Renfroe (claimed by Cincinnati), Leone (claimed by Seattle)

mmc

4 hours ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Lucas Giolito trade may end up as one of the most disastrous trades in Angels history. Good lord.

Not unless Quero becomes an All Star.  Of the top of my heat the Dante Bichette Dave Parker is worse.

However, this midseason pickups have to be the worst ever 

Edited by stormngt

25 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

You can "facepalm" me if you want, but please explain to me why the Players Association would be upset that a team that is out of contention is letting players go and potentially letting them play in a more competitive environment?  Everyone still gets paid what they're owed and their lives are minimally disrupted for a month or so.  All are going to be free agents, anyway. 

It's all relative.... Yes, other teams have done it at the September 1st Trade Deadline. And after the conclusion of the season with the long term deals...

This is purely Luxury Tax shadiness.

Players Talk, Angels will have to overpay for any FA to come here for the remaining time Arte is the Owner. 

7.3M savings decreases the Luxury Tax payment. Anyone who says it's tanking for a better draft pick spot. The A's at #1 and 38 wins would have to suddenly win 80% of the remaining games. The Angels even if they lose every game will be anywhere from 8-12...

42 minutes ago, AngeLifer said:

heads need to roll, Arte needs to be forced out if necessary, this is beyond pathetic..total housecleaning needed. Get rid of all the players, except the youngins,coaches,management, announcers, talk show hosts etc. I wanna smell napalm in the morning after last game

How do you force an owner out?

Its a really stupid comment.  If it was possible Fisher would be gone with the A's