• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels waive Moore (claimed by Cleveland), Giolito (claimed by Cleveland), Lopez (claimed by Cleveland), Grichuk (not claimed), Renfroe (claimed by Cincinnati), Leone (claimed by Seattle)

mmc

36 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Lucas Giolito trade may end up as one of the most disastrous trades in Angels history. Good lord.

Yea, I called this shit when the trade happened and most of you ripped me and/or liked posts ripping me.  At the time of the trade, he was getting extremely lucky in BABIP (.279), while giving up 1.5/9 HR, while playing on a porous defense with the White Sox, meaning he was getting super lucky on hard hit balls being directly hit at fielders.  Even with all of this luck, his ERA+ of 116.  It was only a matter of time that would stop and it did on the Angels. 

Just now, floplag said:

This is embarrassing as a fan, it truly is. 
But hey Arte will get back under the tax so what do we matter anyway.
The message this sends... good luck signing or re-signing anyone. 
CJ Wilson is looking a lot more credible right now. 

I still think it's possible that the players being waived see this as a good move and aren't angry at/disappointed in the Angels at all.

Just now, floplag said:

This is embarrassing as a fan, it truly is. 
But hey Arte will get back under the tax so what do we matter anyway.
The message this sends... good luck signing or re-signing anyone. 
CJ Wilson is looking a lot more credible right now. 

This is the worst Haiku ever.

7 minutes ago, full circle said:

I don’t extend him any credit for that at all.  Anyone can plop all their money on the table on one hand of blackjack.  The more difficult path would have been to evaluate carefully and show restraint with the future of the club in mind. All he did was sell off a bunch of young guys for washed up average talent that performed way worse than that once here.  I don’t find anything admirable or brave about that.  The entire front office and coaching staff should be cleaned out following this season.  

Maybe you should apply to be the GM since you are all knowing.  Or maybe you should follow some other team so you don't get so upset every day.  Then the rest of us can focus on constructive ideas.

8 minutes ago, Swordsman78 said:

Well you can't fault the Angels for trying.  Sometimes things don't work out.  At the time, it was addressing a huge need.   Player failed.

Unfortunately all the Monday Morning QB's will be out complaining today with their 20-20 hindsight.   Although very few produced any suggestions before hand.

I didn’t like giving up Quero for a rental when it happened.   Catchers who hit don’t grow on trees, plus Giolito is not the same pitcher he was in the late 2010s. 

I’d like to know what the thinking into trading Quero was.   He could have backed up O’Hoppe AND played another position to get 120 starts per season.

Bush is a LHP, and the Halos have enough of those plus he imploded in AA this season, not so unhappy he was dealt.

1 minute ago, Swordsman78 said:

Maybe you should apply to be the GM since you are all knowing.  Or maybe you should follow some other team so you don't get so upset every day.  Then the rest of us can focus on constructive ideas.

My apologies Mrs.  Nevin.  Maybe you shouldn’t read the board if you can’t stand meanies like me say unflattering things about your husband. 

Wow! All in before the deadline. Possibly the worst cumulative post deadline team response. And now discarding guys because the deadline deals were an embarrassing failure. 

The public image takes a big hit. Money saved, but not credibility going forward. I doubt any of those rentals will ever be back. But what did they do? 

Moore was good till hurt. Inconsistent since returning. Lopez at times in a small window. Giolito was a big disappointment. Renfroe peaked early and was getting worse as the season moved along. Grichuk was a generic player with average as his ceiling. All part of the huge decline to different degrees But only Renfroe was an everyday regular. 

I guess it's a precursor to Ohtani shutting down. I was looking forward to seeing him in person next Friday. Probably unlikely.

2 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

I didn’t like giving up Quero for a rental when it happened.   Catchers who hit don’t grow on trees, plus Giolito is not the same pitcher he was in the late 2010s. 

I’d like to know what the thinking into trading Quero was.   He could have backed up O’Hoppe AND played another position to get 120 starts per season.

Bush is a LHP, and the Halos have enough of those plus he imploded in AA this season, not so unhappy he was dealt.

The Angels were ahead of the Mariners at the time, and were addressing a huge need in a starting pitcher.   A very high % of fans and pundits supported the trade deadline moves.   At the end of the day, the Angels just could not overcome the poor season long SP and injuries.

24 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I think people put way too much stock into what does/doesn't affect chances of signing a player.  Maybe it's an indication the Angels have no intention of bringing them back--but the guys could also see it as a GOOD move by the Angels, as I just mentioned above, since it gives them a change to play for an (actual...) contending team.

Hoping you are right, they desperately need relievers like Moore and Lopez next season.   The others waived, not so much, especially if Giolito continues to pitch like this.

Just now, AngeLifer said:

heads need to roll, Arte needs to be forced out if necessary, this is beyond pathetic..total housecleaning needed. Get rid of all the players, except the youngins,coaches,management, announcers, talk show hosts etc. I wanna smell napalm in the morning after last game

So... who exactly is forcing Arte out? 

Give Up GIF by STARZ

Phuck the Luxury Tax.... Ohtani is Gonzo. No way he stays not even the probably 30% chance he was going to.

I saw it..

1. I said Arte is either saving for Luxury Tax.

2. They spoke with Ohtani and all the BS news stories about surgery etc.  He's said he is gone!

3. Arte is selling all or a controlling interest in the club.

4. Arte told everyone we are cleaning house everyone is gone at the end of the season!

5. MLB & Players Association will be investigating this.

6. The fans got screwed... 

7. A single AA Catcher and a borderline prospect doesn't mean anything to me.

8. This just goes to show the ineptness of the Internal workings of the Entire Organization and their offensive and pitching philosophies...

9. Time to change the website name to Angelblues.com