• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2023 College Football Thread

University of Montana moved on to the FCS championship game after winning two playoff games at home in overtime and double overtime. Now they travel to Frisco, Texas, to a stadium that is a soccer field so the fans are removed from being close to the field. So stupid, there plenty of open football stadiums in Texas that would be so much better suited for their championship game. I hope whomever made this decision is fired since they really have no idea of how a crowd can impact a game. 

On 12/30/2023 at 3:48 PM, Blarg said:

Florida State is proving 13-0 means nothing. Georgia has completely dominated them and created a laugher from a #6 vs #5 matchup. 

It's 56-3 with time still left in the 3rd quarter. 

A total of 26 FSU players showed their loyalty by hitting the transfer portal, with another seven filing for the NFL Draft. Great look for the program, and the Orange Bowl.

1 hour ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Opt-outs were an issue before this season, so that shouldn't have been a tremendous shock.

True @Vegas Halo Fan.  I think what he was attempting to say was that this year it got completely out of hand and truly affected the outcomes of games, i.e. Florida State….  Again, wake up Bowl Commisioner.  

Just now, PattyD22 said:

True @Vegas Halo Fan.  I think what he was attempting to say was that this year it got completely out of hand and truly affected the outcomes of games, i.e. Florida State….  Again, wake up Bowl Commisioner.  

I grant you that this season was the worst yet. Part of the issue is allowing players to enter the transfer portal before their teams' seasons are over. This should be stopped sooner rather than later.

In the first bowl game of the season, an Ohio running back tied a bowl record with five touchdowns. He wasn't a starter during the season. He was replacing a back who opted out.

With the resignation of Nick Saban, it appears the coaching portal will now be open.  Throw in the possibility of Barbaugh going to the NFL, lots of movement expected for some top tier coaches into top tier programs.

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, RallyMo said:

This is all on USC and then UCLA getting in bed with them.

I see it as being on the commissioner. He knew for a while that their TV deal was ending, and all that he could come up with was a streaming deal with Apple TV. At that point, it was over.

• 2 months later...

I know it’s only a spring game scrimmage, but it wasn’t that long ago when my Trojan “die hard” buddies were preaching how great Lincoln Riley was, and how the program was a Top 3 program.

Apparently, apathy has taken place in just about 2 years.

IMG_3322.jpeg