• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Longtime member & friend/contributor of AngelsWin.com (Brandon) has passed away

Chuck

31 minutes ago, Adam said:

When you get married and have kids, your priorities change and you lose touch with some and with others, you correspond less and less frequently. You think you're doing the right thing - pouring your life into your wife and kids because "that's the way it goes." Everyone understands that, right? Well fuck man.

One of my closest friends from high school, Tim, was like Brandon's older blond brother. We did everything together and too much of everything when we're there. I got married, had three kids and Tim faded away because we both knew we weren't going to be the same. He showed up for my 30th birthday, gave me a call out of the blue a few years later then completely disappeared.

I miss the guy so I can feel your pain right now. You have a family, they are your rock but Brandon will always be your muse for those days. Hope that helps but I doubt much right now. 

• Chuck pinned this topic
Just now, notherhalo said:

He also had good contributions to how to breakup with a girl, or forget about

The Cory thread

Yeah, unfortunately those two threads were on our old website and database which we were unable to bring over. 

That had a ton of old classics. Lou's A-Hole Actions of IEBRUIN was classic too.

Just now, Chuckster70 said:

Yeah, unfortunately those two threads were on our old website and database which we were unable to bring over. 

That had a ton of old classics. Lou's A-Hole Actions of IEBRUIN was classic too.

The webmaster truly failed not finding away to migrate the old board. I hope you fired him. 

1 minute ago, Blarg said:

The webmaster truly failed not finding away to migrate the old board. I hope you fired him. 

I literally fired him and took the entire website over myself. I started here with GoDaddy and then migrated over to a AWS Cloud service which I'm really happy with. I'm equally stoked with the amount of bells & whistles I get with this forum software I purchased. 

Oh, bloody hell. Why does it always have to be the good ones?

So sorry for those of you who knew Brandon well. I liked his posts and his takes, he was a funny guy, and he was clearly a genuinely good person who was there for a lot of people. A top, top bloke as we would say over here. But too, too young. Just tragic.

My deepest sympathies to his family and those close to Brandon. I can't imagine the sense of loss and shock you must be feeling.

What a shit week.  I never met him in person but I remember years ago in a thread asking posters who they would grab a beer or bite with he mentioned me among others.  I never got a chance to do that thinking I would see him at one of the future meet ups especially since he's my age.  Haven't read all the posts in the thread yet or seen what happened not that it matters.  RIP dude and my condolences to his family and friends.

21 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Jason who owned Throwbacks from Facebook

IMG_9095.jpeg

He gave Brandon and myself tickets to a day game once when we were at Throwbacks. No cool stories about the day but I remember it was like 105° and Brandon was wearing jeans. 

Edited by St1ck

Most of the pictures in Chuck's first post are from Throwbacks and specifically from "Beerfest."  It was the first time I met everyone in person.  I flew into town specifically for that event.  I got there after the guys had already been at it for 3 to 4 hours and it was clear there was no chance I was ever going to catch up.  Such a fun night!