• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Longtime member & friend/contributor of AngelsWin.com (Brandon) has passed away

Chuck

On 8/11/2023 at 11:19 AM, Adam said:

I am having a tough time today. I knew him best from 2005-2011ish. When you get married and have kids, your priorities change and you lose touch with some and with others, you correspond less and less frequently. You think you're doing the right thing - pouring your life into your wife and kids because "that's the way it goes." Everyone understands that, right? Well fuck man. While I didn't fully lose touch with him - we texted about superficial nonsense once in a while - I certainly wasn't there for him. 

I will say this. Whatever perception people had of Brandon, I knew him as an aspirational, big-hearted soul who had the courage to be vulnerable in intimate (no gay) situations. He was a better friend to me than I was to him. I'm guessing many others would feel the same.

Just seeing this. Thank you for sharing your heart on this @Adam

It’s a rough couple of weeks here for everyone at AW. This was a really shitty one to hear about. I saw the thread a few days ago, but it was tough to put the emotional energy into writing something thoughtful. Happens when things keep coming at you like that. I generally call it “grief fatigue”, which I’m sure a lot of you have experienced before and are currently going through with the loss of @Lou and @Brandon

All that said, I’ll remember Brandon fondly. I’ve been interacting with him since 2008-ish, though we’ve never actually met in person. Seemed like we had similar senses of humor and shared a lot of opinions about various things. It was also nice having a fellow dude with some KC connections on the board to chat with. Basically, though we never met, I always considered him a friend. Someone I could count on to respond when I asked some random ass life question, or had some sort of hot take on a movie, show, comedian, etc… This place always felt like a better hang in general whenever he was active. I don’t know what happened to him, and I suppose it’s none of my business really. I just hope he had the time to say goodbye to those he needed to, and that his candle burned out the same way he lived… bright as fuck to the end.

• 2 weeks later...