• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Your underrated Angels

Not sure he was underrated but Torii Hunter was underappreciated, at least by Arte Moreno… should have finished his career in Anaheim. 

Darren Oliver, that man was amazing. Talk about shut down reliever, never had amazing stuff but just got the job done. A 20 year MLB career for a reliever is insane. 

15 hours ago, T.G. said:

Joe Saunders.

Bob Boone.

Bengie Molina.

Agree on both Bengie and Boone.  Both were clutch.  I used to always fear that Bengie would hit into a double play in a clutch situation (being as he was so slow he wouldn't even make it onto your TV screen running to first), but he kept the ball off the ground, and often just hit a rope.  Boone would choke up on the bat and put the ball in play.

3 minutes ago, oldguy said:

I'm still mad at him for not bringing home the winning run from 3rd with less than two outs, during game 5 1986 playoffs.

Yeah I'm a little sour on that too, but you can't take away from his great play when on the Angels. 

When I was a kid I copied his batting stance and did quite well.

5 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Yeah I'm a little sour on that too, but you can't take away from his great play when on the Angels. 

When I was a kid I copied his batting stance and did quite well.

When I was a kid, I copied Joe Morgan's stance, and had to remind the coach that, according to the Little League constitution, I was entitled to play 3 innings.

45 minutes ago, happybat4 said:

I think people actually exaggerate how bad he was. Was he great? No, but he wasn't a negative WAR pitcher. 

Same with Ernesto Frieri. Everyone remembers the 2012 ALCS performance. But if you look at his stats with the Angels, there's a reason he had the nickname Ernasty.