• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Your underrated Angels

3 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Good ones. 

Chili Davis, Devon White, Chone Figgins, Mark Langston, Rupert Jones/George Hendricks, Johnny Ray, Ramon Ortiz (I always hoped he'd be Pedro, but I still liked him), 

Ortiz was the poor man's version of Pedro and he was solid. I still remember when he failed to slide in at home and cost them a run, he was asked about it and said something about how he was worried he'd break his leg. That was funny. 

1 minute ago, Halo in Chicago said:

Devon White and Doug Decinces for sure. Kirk Mckaskill, Washburn, Hasegawa. Not sure Chuck Finley qualifies as underrated as an Angel, but I think he is criminally underrated as a pitcher in general. 

Finley was too good to qualify IMO, but damn. You took Kirk McKaskill. Another favorite of mine. Good one. 

Also, ex-hockey player. 

39 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

I need a break from this current team.

Who are some of your favorite underrated Angels?

For me: Ervin Santana, Figgins, Shields, and Langston are all-time Angel greats. 

Fuck it let’s pitch.  I can stuff some toilet paper up my bloody nose and it will be will fine.

Edited by Revad

Just now, Justin said:

Howie Kendrick. 

9 seasons. 28.5 bWAR. 28.9 million dollars total salary. 

And some people complained because he never hit .350 in Anaheim like he did in the minors. 

I was just about to post Howie and Aybar. Both very solid guys who weren’t appreciated enough. I’d add Scot Shields to the list too. He was so much better than most people gave him credit for. Guys like him make the whole bullpen better.

Maicer was one of the best clutch hitters this team ever had. I don't know if I can name another Angel in the 45 years I've been following that I would want up with the game on the line, and the team desperately needing a base hit to tie, or take the lead late in a game. Maybe Carew. 

Bob Boone was a tremendous catcher. Most of what he did with the pitching staff would never show up in WAR statistics. It was literally like having a manager on the field. Dan Ford got overshadowed because of all the stars on those teams, but he war really solid and put up great stats. I could name dozens, but Boone and Ford hadn't been mentioned yet.

1 hour ago, Halo in Chicago said:

Devon White and Doug Decinces for sure. Kirk Mckaskill, Washburn, Hasegawa. Not sure Chuck Finley qualifies as underrated as an Angel, but I think he is criminally underrated as a pitcher in general. 

I saw McCaskill almost pitch a no-hitter in 1989 at the Big A. Nelson Liriano of Toronto broke it up with a one-out triple.

Closest I ever got to seeing a no-hitter in person.