• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

ReDone Wuss

40 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

I meant holdup for going on the 60 day list.

Why?  What advantage does that give us right now?  Is having our 41st best player on the available roster really a difference maker? This is a reaction to a bad loss, during an awful streak, so we are asking dumb questions and focusing on stupid things. 

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

And has internal bleeding in his bones. It’s obviously bad. 

Then he's finished. Give him his money and wish him well.

Even if he returns, he'll never be the offensive force he was when we signed him to that ginormous contract. Just take the loss and move on.

10 hours ago, LaPalma said:

You’re correct.  Years ago I lived and worked in France and the union employees were defiant and useless.

I vote with my $$.  Will not support a team that doesn’t try.  The only game I’ve been to this year was with free tickets.

do me a favor, don't agree with me. it makes me feel badly about my position on topics. i doubt we would agree on unions at all. can unions be out of balance? yes, as is true with all things. but i am decidedly pro-union as a general position. the workforce needs an organized party as representation for them to ownership. i think we see in america what a work force of the general populace gets without a voice. they get long hours, less pay, and shit canned as soon as seniority and work experience cost more than two entry level employees.

10 hours ago, Stradling said:

It certainly brings out the worst in fans. 

i mean kinda. i don't think anybody likes laziness or entitlement, and the appearance of those are going to garner ill will. you've read from me before, i think it's stupid to call a player a pussy, because obviously they are not. but i think a player can be unmotivated and disinterested, and i think i see a lot of that in tony two games. also, on a personal level, i just have zero respect for a person that can't even take five minutes to talk to the orange county softball media who are just trying to do their jobs. i think everyone can agree this ain't exactly the pressure of the big city media.

12 minutes ago, ukyah said:

do me a favor, don't agree with me. it makes me feel badly about my position on topics. i doubt we would agree on unions at all. can unions be out of balance? yes, as is true with all things. but i am decidedly pro-union as a general position. the workforce needs an organized party as representation for them to ownership. i think we see in america what a work force of the general populace gets without a voice. they get long hours, less pay, and shit canned as soon as seniority and work experience cost more than two entry level employees.

I never needed a union to extort an unrealistic wage for me, but I bothered to develop skills that an 18 year old couldn’t replace.  Even my dad, who once served on the E board for his union, said they do nothing but protect lazy bums these days.  Young guys used to carry the older guys as their bodies wore out, now you can’t get them to show up to work past mid day Thursday, but you have to let them come back Monday.  Look at what the teachers union has done, we spend more per student than almost any country but churn out borderline second world grads who can barely read, can’t balance a checkbook, but know all about deviant behavior.

There, we definitely don’t agree.

1 hour ago, LaPalma said:

I never needed a union to extort an unrealistic wage for me, but I bothered to develop skills that an 18 year old couldn’t replace.  Even my dad, who once served on the E board for his union, said they do nothing but protect lazy bums these days.  Young guys used to carry the older guys as their bodies wore out, now you can’t get them to show up to work past mid day Thursday, but you have to let them come back Monday.  Look at what the teachers union has done, we spend more per student than almost any country but churn out borderline second world grads who can barely read, can’t balance a checkbook, but know all about deviant behavior.

There, we definitely don’t agree.

Instead of some management guy, you should have been a house painter, because you sure know how to paint with a broad brush.  

You certainly wear the corporate management jacket well.

10 minutes ago, PattyD22 said:

Instead of some management guy, you should have been a house painter, because you sure know how to paint with a broad brush.  

You certainly wear the corporate management jacket well.

I started at the bottom working midnights in a refinery.  Saw it first hand.  Guys slept while i I busted my tail.  Do you “work” for a union or the gov?  Ever work a 24 hour shift where one mistake would blow up an entire plant and kill dozens of your coworkers?  Please……you’re way out of your league.

1 minute ago, LaPalma said:

I started at the bottom working midnights in a refinery.  Saw it first hand.  Guys slept while i I busted my tail.  Do you “work” for a union or the gov?  Ever work a 24 hour shift where one mistake would blow up an entire plant and kill dozens of your coworkers?  Please……you’re way out of your league.

No one cares. You should want everyone to have it better than you but instead you want everyone to have it as bad because you did it and it made you a crotchety asswipe so everyone else should suffer. 

1 minute ago, LaPalma said:

Me?  Work a 24 hour shift where a mistake could kill my co-worker?  No way.  Too dangerous for me.

By the way, this is an Angels message board, and this is the baseball section.  This isn’t Indeed.com where you need to state your resume in every post.

if you want to talk about unions, people’s work ethic, or any of that other shit, we have a Politics Board.  I’m sure the guys there would welcome you with open arms.

1 minute ago, PattyD22 said:

Me?  Work a 24 hour shift where a mistake could kill my co-worker?  No way.  Too dangerous for me.

By the way, this is an Angels message board, and this is the baseball section.  This isn’t Indeed.com where you need to state your resume in every post.

if you want to talk about unions, people’s work ethic, or any of that other shit, we have a Politics Board.  I’m sure the guys there would welcome you with open arms.

They would.

7 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

No one cares. You should want everyone to have it better than you but instead you want everyone to have it as bad because you did it and it made you a crotchety asswipe so everyone else should suffer. 

You’re really one to be giving life advice.