• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

ReDone Wuss

39 minutes ago, LaPalma said:

Ever work a 24 hour shift where one mistake would blow up an entire plant and kill dozens of your coworkers?

Never lived that irresponsiblly. But I worked a shift from Tuesday starting at 6pm all the way through Friday ending at 5pm and, like the wuss I am, refused to stay late on that Friday night for a last minute client add by scheduling. Not much of a company man but I attonded by working 3 months straight without a day off. 

These actually don't point to any character building or any superiority over others on this board that may have never ventured into industries with immovable deadlines and short staffs. It just says there was a time in my life where to keep my job I sacrificed too much and the pay never matched the time lost.

I hold no ill feelings to those that have had the good fortune not to have had to work these shifts. You seem to be angry about it.

But back on subject, Rendon is suffering an injury more complex than a simple bruise which could result in something disastrous, even life threatening, like a moving blood clot. I would think people here could respect that. 

1 hour ago, LaPalma said:

I started at the bottom working midnights in a refinery.  Saw it first hand.  Guys slept while i I busted my tail.  Do you “work” for a union or the gov?  Ever work a 24 hour shift where one mistake would blow up an entire plant and kill dozens of your coworkers?  Please……you’re way out of your league.

Any chance its the Texaco refinery? 

1 hour ago, Ron Mexico said:

Without a Doubt. 

As he should. 

When a player takes the responsibility of a massive contract on a new team they must accept the backlash if they fail to perform. Pretty sure if he signed for less on the Nationals he'd still be beloved. 

Rendon might be the worst FA signing of all-time. Only ones I can think of that would rival are Hamilton, Prince Fielder, and Strasburg. I'm sure there are more. 

24 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

As he should. 

When a player takes the responsibility of a massive contract on a new team they must accept the backlash if they fail to perform. Pretty sure if he signed for less on the Nationals he'd still be beloved. 

Rendon might be the worst FA signing of all-time. Only ones I can think of that would rival are Hamilton, Prince Fielder, and Strasburg. I'm sure there are more. 

Strasburg will likely end up being the worst. Signed to the exact same deal as Rendon just a few days apart. He's only pitched 31 1/3 innings since then and he may not ever come back. At least the Angels got a relatively "full" season out of Rendon in the pandemic-shortened year. 

I don’t hate Rendon at all.  He isn’t a drug addict or a wife beater or a murderer or lazy or an unappreciative malcontent.  Those are hatable things.

The guy has had the worst run of injuries I think I can remember.  And that absolutely sucks for Rendon, the team, and the fans.

Truthfully, Rendon was my favorite NL player when he was in the Nats.  I was elated that he signed with the Angels since he was so freaking good offensively and defensively and the team needed a permanent 3B solution.

This is just bad luck and misfortune.  The situation sucks.  It creates a whole lot of negative energy that people feel the need to expel at somebody.  So they spend it on Rendon since he is the main character in the storyline.

I get needing to spend the negative energy but have some discipline.  I see no reason whatsoever to be irritated with Rendon personally.

3 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I don’t hate Rendon at all.  He isn’t a drug addict or a wife beater or a murderer or lazy or an unappreciative malcontent.  Those are hatable things.

The guy has had the worst run of injuries I think I can remember.  And that absolutely sucks for Rendon, the team, and the fans.

Truthfully, Rendon was my favorite NL player when he was in the Nats.  I was elated that he signed with the Angels since he was so freaking good offensively and defensively and the team needed a permanent 3B solution.

This is just bad luck and misfortune.  The situation sucks.  It creates a whole lot of negative energy that people feel the need to expel at somebody.  So they spend it on Rendon since he is the main character in the storyline.

I get needing to spend the negative energy but have some discipline.  I see no reason whatsoever to be irritated with Rendon personally.

They hate him because he is rich, isn’t playing, and hates the media.  

I hate that he is injured. 

23 minutes ago, Trendon said:

In a vacuum, sure.

But the Nats can justify that contract because he just won them a WS and was a star during the 2010s for them.

The Angels paid Rendon for what he did in a Nats uniform.

Sure.  They gave him a $245 million bonus because he helped them win a World Series in 2019.  

28 minutes ago, Trendon said:

In a vacuum, sure.

But the Nats can justify that contract because he just won them a WS and was a star during the 2010s for them.

The Angels paid Rendon for what he did in a Nats uniform.

Weird way to look at it.  I'm simply talking about the production that each player created after the contract was signed.  To me, that's the only way to determine how good or bad a contract is.

On 8/8/2023 at 5:11 PM, PattyD22 said:

Me?  Work a 24 hour shift where a mistake could kill my co-worker?  No way.  Too dangerous for me.

By the way, this is an Angels message board, and this is the baseball section.  This isn’t Indeed.com where you need to state your resume in every post.

if you want to talk about unions, people’s work ethic, or any of that other shit, we have a Politics Board.  I’m sure the guys there would welcome you with open arms.

this dude speaks like every career politician. they all overinflate their accomplishments, while deflating the accomplishments of everybody else. most of their claims can never be backed up. it's just inflating a pretend balloon man with hot air.

1 minute ago, ukyah said:

this dude speaks like every career politician. they all overinflate their accomplishments, while deflating the accomplishments of everybody else. most of their claims can never be backed up. it's just inflating a pretend balloon man with hot air.

So far he has questioned the success, intelligence and work ethic of myself, Blarg and Patty.  Not a bad first week on the board. 

3 hours ago, Stradling said:

So far he has questioned the success, intelligence and work ethic of myself, Blarg and Patty.  Not a bad first week on the board. 

Well all he needs to do is question our buddy @Tank or @ten ocho recon scout and he can hit the labor Quinella.  

Edited by PattyD22

9 hours ago, Stradling said:

And internal bleeding will still be bad. You for whatever reason can’t get that through your ignorant skull. 

And you spend most of your time here trashing other posters in an often mean-spirited way. Kinda weird.

But I won't be dialoguing with you anymore. Have a nice evening.