• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

How do you watch Angel games?

Taylor

How do you watch Angel games?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. How do you watch Angel games?

• Cable/Satellite TV subscription
    • Streaming service
    • Out of market on MLB.tv
    • VPN wizardry or illicit streaming feeds
    • I don't. I gave up.

In Canada, 90% or so of regular cable broadcasts are of the Blue Jays. Who I detest. 

I pay for MLB Extra Innings, from my cable provider. I forget how much it costs. Around $150 - $200 for the season. Usually about half a dozen or more games to choose from on any day. I have an 88" TV, so like to watch the big hi def picture. 

They show about 60% or so of the Angels games, so it's a matter of hoping that the best ones will be available. Sometimes they show an entire series, sometimes one or two games sometimes none . 

I also pay for NHL Centre Ice, where there are also games in most every night. You pretty much can see every game of each team if you choose to. I watch all Montreal games and most of the Ducks games. Usually in different time zones so a lot of doubleheader nights. 

I used to pay for NFL Sunday Ticket as a Forty Niner fan. But the value isn't there. Only one day a week and usually about half a dozen Niner games are on regular channels. 

Here's alive action shot I took of Ohtani last week on my TV. I wanted it for posterity when the rumors of him being traded were the strongest. 

IMG_20230717_211237_709.jpg

3 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

I made the comparison once of when a troll would come on our forum here to start shit to opening my front door without knocking and then shit on my couch before getting thrown out. 

This is good info. Something to add to the AngelsWin glossary I've been writing for two years. It will be completed one day.

1 hour ago, Alfred O. Griffin said:

I think this is my 19th season using mlb.tv, which is bananas. It became useable just at the right time for me.

I think I used Extra Innings as well for a season or two around 2007, though.

I'd rather never watch a single Angel game ever again than live in Texas.

5 hours ago, TroutField said:

How do VPNs work? I’d be willing to get mlb.tv and do what you said but I’m not super tech savvy… I also can’t really justify paying $90 a month for directv streaming to watch the angels a couple days out of the month with my weird work schedule. 

It essentially just redirects your internet traffic to another location.  So when I connect my VPN to San Francisco on my laptop, my connection gets proxied there and MLBTV thinks I'm outside the regional SoCal blackout area.

ExpressVPN is a pretty common one to use for this sort of thing if you ever wanted to test it out on your laptop.  They have a 30-day guarantee if you end up not liking/using it.

I don't. I won't pay for satellite TV because it's too expensive. I live in the country and only have access to satellite internet and it's not good enough quality to stream TV. So, I follow the games on mlb.com, or I listen to them on Sirius. The only two games I have watched this season were the games I went to in Houston and in Arlington.

I’m in Chicago so I have the MLB package. I should get all of the Angels games that aren’t against the White Sox or Cubs, but now I see for this huge 3 game series w the Jays, I only will get the Saturday game. 

I also like to listen on the radio thru Apple Music. I guess that will be my plan for Sunday’s game. 

2 hours ago, Halo in Chicago said:

I’m in Chicago so I have the MLB package. I should get all of the Angels games that aren’t against the White Sox or Cubs, but now I see for this huge 3 game series w the Jays, I only will get the Saturday game. 

I also like to listen on the radio thru Apple Music. I guess that will be my plan for Sunday’s game. 

That's unfortunate. Until they fix the issue with MLBtv blacking out local games, I'd never invest in it. Most people live in the vicinity of the team they root for. Most people would purchase MLBtv because they don't pay for Cable. The fact that it blacks out local games is totally bunk and it's a no-brainer for most to not pay for it.

Plenty of streams out there so you don't need to compromise yourself. Have a malware blocker in your browser and you're good to go.

15 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Blackout restrictions are a cute feature of late-stage capitalism.

I use the features available to me, whether ethical or not, (regarding watching illicit streams), since it's not as though the world around us is ethical. I literally don't care that I steal baseball game viewership when the implementation of MLB.tv is the greediest thing ever.