• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

How do you watch Angel games?

Taylor

How do you watch Angel games?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. How do you watch Angel games?

• Cable/Satellite TV subscription
    • Streaming service
    • Out of market on MLB.tv
    • VPN wizardry or illicit streaming feeds
    • I don't. I gave up.

16 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I wish watching MLB games wasn't like solving a Rubix Rubik's Cube.

Same question.

I have cable.... but down to one box and it's in my master bedroom...

..... so I occasionally catch the last inning or so after I get home from work.

I made a post about 2 months ago... about the Bally Sports app...

It's beyond unusable.

So I "watch" 99 percent of the games on the radio in the car at work, or streaming from Alexa

Terry Smith and Langston are more "Angel" to me than any player aside from Trout (and now Ohtani) for the past decade because of it.

Like an idiot I've kept cable the past few years even though I haven't used it since like 2017 (with Netflix, Vudu, Prime etc replacing it). I'm keeping it to the end of the year for the off chance I'm home (I never am) and a game is on, just for Ohtani.

The shirty thing is I can stand on my roof with binoculars and see the stadium.

But I can't watch it on TV with the Ballys app.

I once was roughly 100 miles off the coast of Mexico, diving with Great White sharks for a week. EXTREMELY weak wifi on the boat. 

But was able to brokenly get broken updates on the Cleveland / Cubs World Series, the big game.

But again. I can't watch games at home, with 5K internet, that are being played close enough to my house that I hear the fireworks show.

I have YouTube TV so really only listen to the game via streaming or radio. 

then I watch the condensed game replay on the MLB app. 

Really hope Bally sports collapses sooner rather than later. 

Manfred needs to fix this Now, can’t stand him. 

Hopefully one day soon we’ll be able to stream games locally on the MLB app without the stupid local blackout restrictions.

Got a free year of MLB TV via T-Mobile.  Already had a VPN (Private Internet Access) subscription, so I just use that and set the location to either Silicon Valley or another US West site.

The only pain point is my living room has an Apple TV that I primarily use which doesn't support any VPN apps.  So I bought a shitty Amazon Fire stick and just downloaded my VPN app on it if I want to watch Angels games on my actual TV.

Overall pretty pain free, but like another poster said you'll probably have to switch VPN locations occasionally as they get wise and update their blacklists.

49 minutes ago, Reveille1984 said:

Got a free year of MLB TV via T-Mobile.  Already had a VPN (Private Internet Access) subscription, so I just use that and set the location to either Silicon Valley or another US West site.

The only pain point is my living room has an Apple TV that I primarily use which doesn't support any VPN apps.  So I bought a shitty Amazon Fire stick and just downloaded my VPN app on it if I want to watch Angels games on my actual TV.

Overall pretty pain free, but like another poster said you'll probably have to switch VPN locations occasionally as they get wise and update their blacklists.

How do VPNs work? I’d be willing to get mlb.tv and do what you said but I’m not super tech savvy… I also can’t really justify paying $90 a month for directv streaming to watch the angels a couple days out of the month with my weird work schedule. 

9 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

A kind offer. I was trying to remember the origin of the "shit on Chuck's couch" meme. Do you remember?

I made the comparison once of when a troll would come on our forum here to start shit to opening my front door without knocking and then shit on my couch before getting thrown out.