• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

More shelding of pedophile priests

Borrowing the gameplan from the LA Archdiocese:

"The 6,000 pages of documents related to eight decades of abuse cases showed in great detail the Milwaukee archdiocese regularly reassigned priests who were accused of sexual molestation to new parishes and Dolan himself asking the Vatican permission to transfer $57 million to a trust fund to protect it against court action."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/07/02/us-usa-milwaukee-church-idUSBRE96103M20130702

I'll never forget doing a loan for a priest or some church head out of state. Ridiculous how much money they make. I knew religion was operated like a fortune 500 company, but damn, they get paid like it as well.

As someone who works at a church, I can assure you that us employees of the Fortune 500 companies do not typically get paid high salaries.

Because you work at a church opposed to for the church.

Yes, I have friends that are big into church and serving their personal church and they don't get much if anything. I know the pastor at Crossroads here makes bank and has a really good financial life. But again, I did a gentlemens loan and saw all financial documentation from tax returns to pay stubs....and all corresponding nonprofit documentation. It wasn't made up.

^Blah, what a broken record. So quickly acting like a church runs like a fortune 500 company then backtracking when you're called on it...

Catholic church is a joke. Leading organization of child molestation in the world, yet it gets tax breaks and millions donated.

HA! How ironic, your post rooted in religious hate really comes off as more of a joke than anything. "Organization of child molestation" demonstrates your complete misunderstanding of the Catholicism in general. No participating parishioner supports a priest rooted in that molestation garbage. It is well known the church gets tax breaks because of simple federal separation of church and state.  Would you prefer it not separate? Would you prefer decisions made by church to be a substantial weight in your law? I don't think so.

The Catholic church consistently gets donations from members of the church, those of faith who may or may not believe 100% in the scripture, but show up for service every week, every once in a while, during Christmas and Easter, and appreciate the effort put forth, and want to give thanks for the mass in terms of monetary compensation because they know, nothing is free.  Donations are tax deductible, and free to receive because of the public services they provide. Catholic churches actually provide food, clothing, shelter and care for the homeless and their children as a result of these donations, which is probably more than you or your family has ever contributed to those in need. Are you saying you're against those initiatives as well?

I'll never forget doing a loan for a priest or some church head out of state. Ridiculous how much money they make. I knew religion was operated like a fortune 500 company, but damn, they get paid like it as well.

And this. This is gold. How would you even know how ridiculous the money they made was unless you were a 24 hour practicing priest or some church head out of state like they are? Do you know what they do with the money? Did you commit your life to a religion, to several churches, and the people of it? How do you know what they're doing with that money or what they spend it on? Frankly, it's none of your business. Just like its none of your business how much anybody makes regardless of what profession they're in. An accountant makes several of millions of dollars legally doing less work, amazing that we never hear you loan experts bitching about them. 

I am barely religious, but this is because I understand the way people think based on how I was raised, and the impulse stereotypes and assumptions bewilder me. Funds are from people of the parish. So understand many people are willingly donating their money to the priest, the church, a head out of state, to keep the church running as they please for a reason. It's not like the priest is going door to door nabbing money out of your individual pocket as he pleases for sh*ts and giggles, so why do you even care? Just like gay marriage, it doesn't even effect you, you just sound like a hater. Not a fan of peoples individual rights.  

Being envious of the cash that a priest is making, the number of donations that build up, and what is done with the cash, which obviously you care about more than the people at the church that openly give their donations, is unprecedented. Hate, like racism, isn't one sided. Just cause you side with whats popular at the time doesn't make you any less guilty.

^Blah, what a broken record. So quickly acting like a church runs like a fortune 500 company then backtracking when you're called on it...

HA! How ironic, your post rooted in religious hate really comes off as more of a joke than anything. "Organization of child molestation" demonstrates your complete misunderstanding of the Catholicism in general. No participating parishioner supports a priest rooted in that molestation garbage. It is well known the church gets tax breaks because of simple federal separation of church and state. Would you prefer it not separate? Would you prefer decisions made by church to be a substantial weight in your law? I don't think so.

The Catholic church consistently gets donations from members of the church, those of faith who may or may not believe 100% in the scripture, but show up for service every week, every once in a while, during Christmas and Easter, and appreciate the effort put forth, and want to give thanks for the mass in terms of monetary compensation because they know, nothing is free. Donations are tax deductible, and free to receive because of the public services they provide. Catholic churches actually provide food, clothing, shelter and care for the homeless and their children as a result of these donations, which is probably more than you or your family has ever contributed to those in need. Are you saying you're against those initiatives as well?

And this. This is gold. How would you even know how ridiculous the money they made was unless you were a 24 hour practicing priest or some church head out of state like they are? Do you know what they do with the money? Did you commit your life to a religion, to several churches, and the people of it? How do you know what they're doing with that money or what they spend it on? Frankly, it's none of your business. Just like its none of your business how much anybody makes regardless of what profession they're in. An accountant makes several of millions of dollars legally doing less work, amazing that we never hear you loan experts bitching about them.

I am barely religious, but this is because I understand the way people think based on how I was raised, and the impulse stereotypes and assumptions bewilder me. Funds are from people of the parish. So understand many people are willingly donating their money to the priest, the church, a head out of state, to keep the church running as they please for a reason. It's not like the priest is going door to door nabbing money out of your individual pocket as he pleases for sh*ts and giggles, so why do you even care? Just like gay marriage, it doesn't even effect you, you just sound like a hater. Not a fan of peoples individual rights.

Being envious of the cash that a priest is making, the number of donations that build up, and what is done with the cash, which obviously you care about more than the people at the church that openly give their donations, is unprecedented. Hate, like racism, isn't one sided. Just cause you side with whats popular at the time doesn't make you any less guilty.

ok.

props on being barely religious.

No participating parishioner supports a priest rooted in that molestation garbage.

No, but the higher ups in this organization (including those deemed infallible) do indeed support these monsters.

And these are the folks who decide how the parishoners monetary contributions are spent.

I cannot speak for the Catholic church, but like I said, as someone who works full-time at a Protestant church and is on the payroll, we don't always get paid a ton of money.

Brandon was making a blanket statement based on a single loan he signed for one priest, and because he thinks he knows the salary of the senior pastor at Crossroads. It just simply ain't true all the time, or even most of the time. 

HA! How ironic, your post rooted in religious hate really comes off as more of a joke than anything. "Organization of child molestation" demonstrates your complete misunderstanding of the Catholicism in general. No participating parishioner supports a priest rooted in that molestation garbage. It is well known the church gets tax breaks because of simple federal separation of church and state.  Would you prefer it not separate? Would you prefer decisions made by church to be a substantial weight in your law? I don't think so.

The Catholic church consistently gets donations from members of the church, those of faith who may or may not believe 100% in the scripture, but show up for service every week, every once in a while, during Christmas and Easter, and appreciate the effort put forth, and want to give thanks for the mass in terms of monetary compensation because they know, nothing is free.  Donations are tax deductible, and free to receive because of the public services they provide. Catholic churches actually provide food, clothing, shelter and care for the homeless and their children as a result of these donations, which is probably more than you or your family has ever contributed to those in need. Are you saying you're against those initiatives as well?

This is an overreaction of a scale which AO can only dream to one day equal in a gameday thread.

Nice, the small church defender that feels he is being picked on.

The gentleman I did the loan for was in some rural area of Kansas, not even a large population but still manages 250k a year. Is it indicative of every church or form of religion, no. I've done other loans for church members and to my recollection the lowest income I have done was 80k a year. Churches being nonprofit have the most documentation I have ever come across because everything has to be open with their bank accounts and tax returns. You see everything they spend on, what they buy, write off, etc.

I think someone did a write up about how much Harvest Crusade pulls in as well.

We can go tit for tat. You know a poor pastor devoted to the word and I read an article about a pastor in hot water for driving a Bentley.

This is an overreaction of a scale which AO can only dream to one day equal in a gameday thread.

I didn't even read it all, because I got lost right away. But perusing it I saw barely religious and a comparison to racism.

I kind of applaud the efforts.

Nice, the small church defender that feels he is being picked on.

The gentleman I did the loan for was in some rural area of Kansas, not even a large population but still manages 250k a year. Is it indicative of every church or form of religion, no. I've done other loans for church members and to my recollection the lowest income I have done was 80k a year. Churches being nonprofit have the most documentation I have ever come across because everything has to be open with their bank accounts and tax returns. You see everything they spend on, what they buy, write off, etc.

I think someone did a write up about how much Harvest Crusade pulls in as well.

We can go tit for tat. You know a poor pastor devoted to the word and I read an article about a pastor in hot water for driving a Bentley.

The church I work at has a weekly attendance of 4,000+ and a staff of about 60 people. Not a "small" church by any means. All I'm saying is that the pastor driving a Bentley is not the norm.

If you think the money a Harvest Crusade pulls in goes to giving bonuses to pastors, you are mistaken. 

You're more than welcome to go through everyone's books and show appropriate income. I have no qualms with what anyone makes because they are worth what people give them. I don't think every church operates the same, I'm not that dense. But I'm also not naive to think everyone earns a modest living and does Gods work.

The industry of religion is a multi billion dollar enterprise. There's no denying that which was the premise of my post.

Brandon you are wrong.  You are stating one organization and basically comparing it to all churches.

90% of churches do not make a bunch of money and more than 90% of pastors make less than 50K a year.  

Is there some abuse of money?  Of course.  

I beg to differ but don't feel like pulling up articles and info.

Props to those that do, props to those that don't.

No need to get into it on the 4th of July. Have a good day gents.

You as well. Thanks Brandon.

Having been in denominational work all my adult life and knowing that pastors in my church are paid roughly the same as me but with far greater perks and write-offs, I'd be shocked to find any of them making even 100k per year unless they were published authors with books available or had some kind of tv or radio ministry.

Honestly, I'd be pretty satisfied to make what a BART train operator makes.