• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Time for Moreno to take a long look at everything to do with team health?

7 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Something is not right with health for this franchise?   Constant injuries to key players year in and year out

Medical staff?

Conditioning staff?

Scouting not seeing potential health  issues when acquiring/signing players?

Some of above?

All of above?

It’s a familiar question, one we ask each other each year.  One factor is the honesty of players concerning their condition, which is related to their desire to play.  Neto I suspect has been trying to heal too fast, came back early and now needs more time.

All teams have injuries look at players Dodgers have lost just part of game. Every pitcher in mlb throwing 95 plus and hitters hard swings. Trout broke a bone on a swing. Rendon on foul hit off his leg. People call Rendon a pussy after last injury. I wonder how many could take a ball hit off their shin. 

Sometimes I wonder if the Angels and/or Moreno are going to be sued out of existence by the Skaggs family. The whole affair with Eric Kay revealed that something was/is deeply wrong with the Angels organization. Even though Kay has been sentenced (too light I think; I would have liked the Death Penalty) I wonder what the ultimate financial outcome of that is going to be. 

The Angels' curse, the old Indian burial grounds on the Big A, Moreno acting as GM, singlehandedly making big personnel decisions for the organization without the benefit of a plan or a GM, the parade of GMs and coaches since Scoscia, the neglect of a balanced roster because of these outsized Moreno personnel decisions...these are all factors contributing to to the instability of the organization and the health of the players.

On 7/23/2023 at 8:57 AM, Angels 1961 said:

All teams have injuries look at players Dodgers have lost just part of game. Every pitcher in mlb throwing 95 plus and hitters hard swings. Trout broke a bone on a swing. Rendon on foul hit off his leg. People call Rendon a pussy after last injury. I wonder how many could take a ball hit off their shin. 

Here's 39 that would. Some of these guys had to have jobs during the off season to be able to pay their bills. Others were multi-millionaires, but played hurt when most other guys would have gone on the IL.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Major_League_Baseball_consecutive_games_played_streaks