• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Matt Thaiss

Torridd

8 minutes ago, Torridd said:

I loved that fire from him when he struck out on that borderline pitch. He looks like he wants to be up with the game on the line which I think is fantastic. He almost won the game for us on Sunday. What do you think?

I think a catcher needs to be more careful than that. 

While I understand his frustration for failing to come through in a clutch situation, the fact was the pitch was too close to take.  It wasn’t a bad enough call to lose your shit on, especially in the 9th inning of a tie game.

If anyone needs to get tossed in that situation, it’s the manager, and even Nevin didn’t come out to protest.  

Thaiss will learn from this, and it all worked out in the end.  

4 hours ago, Stradling said:

I think a catcher needs to be more careful than that. 

I'm with you on that. Other position players can bitch all they want but catchers have to have a working relationship with the umpires and gain their trust to get better calls.

Showing the umpire up on a poor call doesn't work well the next time he's behind Thaiss making calls. Yeah, they are all supposed to have short memories but some don't and your pitching staff shouldn't suffer from it.