• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Vacation Ideas

23 minutes ago, Blarg said:

And yet you guys made the early Triumph Spitfire with a Boy Scout tent assembly for a roof and TR3's with no side curtains. It's as if the entire island is simply challenging the elements to a pneumonia contest. 

Ah, well, you see they were built for those nice couple of weeks we have in June, or sometimes May.

As for the pneumonia, we tend to wear 'beer coats' for that...

th-2652792260.jpg.7470f83b59c58c54f483be41137c93c4.jpg

8 hours ago, Stradling said:

Relax by some water, eat at great restaurants, a place where it’s safe to walk around and get lost. 

Literally the only places I can think of on this coast (Ensenada to Canada) that meet all of these 3 requirements are La Jolla and Carlsbad. That last requirement cancels out many places. 

Hi guys 

Now that next year's schedule is out I will be flying over from Australia from the 13th of April till the 27th and looking to catch some games which looks like the Baltimore series. 

Was wondering if it's trying to fit too much into the fortnight if I tried to get to Yosemite, sequoia and death valley national Parks in as well? 

Would probably like to throw an nba game in there for my son sometime as well. 

Thanks 

If you haven't booked reservation in Sequoia or Yosemite you'd best get on it. It fills up fast once the snow melts but is booked way in advance. It only takes about 5 hours to reach Sequoia National park from Orange County. Add about another hour and a half for Yosemite. 

Death Valley is not what you fly all the way from Australia to see, another desert but with even less living creatures. 

3 minutes ago, Blarg said:

If you haven't booked reservation in Sequoia or Yosemite you'd best get on it. It fills up fast once the snow melts but is booked way in advance. It only takes about 5 hours to reach Sequoia National park from Orange County. Add about another hour and a half for Yosemite. 

Death Valley is not what you fly all the way from Australia to see, another desert but with even less living creatures. 

Cool thanks for the heads up. I'm really just coming for the ball games but trying to keep my wife interested as well 😁

25 minutes ago, Richo said:

Cool thanks for the heads up. I'm really just coming for the ball games but trying to keep my wife interested as well 😁

Have you considered Tombstone, AZ? It's in the middle of nowhere and hot as fuck. Fun for the whole family watching people pretend shoot each other while you sweat your balls off. 

2 hours ago, Richo said:

Hi guys 

Now that next year's schedule is out I will be flying over from Australia from the 13th of April till the 27th and looking to catch some games which looks like the Baltimore series. 

Was wondering if it's trying to fit too much into the fortnight if I tried to get to Yosemite, sequoia and death valley national Parks in as well? 

Would probably like to throw an nba game in there for my son sometime as well. 

Thanks 

If you go, and can afford it, Yosemite is a week+ adventure. Especially if you get dirty and hike. Sequoia is also beautiful.  Although in April, if it's rainy like last year, there might be too much snow. Death valley is doable in April but not nearly as grand. 

Oh man thanks for local knowledge, we do hike I live in the blue mountains in NSW so the bush is our backyard but trying to keep everyone in the family (teenage daughter and wife mainly) interested will be hard. Guess I need to do a lot more research on weather and such 

Edited by Richo

On 7/13/2023 at 8:33 PM, Blarg said:

That's only if he wants to camp in those places. If he just wants to visit he doesn't need a reservation.