• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

First Base Targets

15 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Should anyone we get play both corner IF positions since Gio isn't coming back.

It wouldn't be the worse route to take, but you usually sacrifice some talent when you go with a utility type over someone like Goldschmidt.

Of course you're going to give up more talent to acquire a Goldschmidt type.

1 hour ago, Dtwncbad said:

I have no confidence in Fletcher as anything more than maybe a utility guy that barely plays.  And that kind of role only exists if you have very solid starters across all four infield positions, which the Angels don’t have.

I don’t want Fletcher on team in some regular rotation of playing time.

Tacking on to the Adell and Marsh projects. It sucks so bad for the org how much Fletcher collapsed.

Two years ago or so he looked like a building block to.the next generation. The potential of those 3 alone (and CRod, Canning and a few other pitchers) looked like we were finally putting together a cool new core.

30 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

It would be funny if Arte tried to fire the team up, and went out there and played 1B himself.

Welp, there wouldn't be much of a drop off in production currently.

He could play under the pseudonym of Arturo Morono!

They’ll want a few pitching prospects. Probably three and a bat. Add another one and you’ve got it. Or Sandoval plus bush Adell and Silseth say… 

On 6/22/2023 at 4:54 PM, Stradling said:

Probably Quero, Soriano and Bush gets you there. 

3 minutes ago, Hubs said:

They’ll want a few pitching prospects. Probably three and a bat. Add another one and you’ve got it. Or Sandoval plus bush Adell and Silseth say… 

How is it that the Cards can get this haul for Goldshmidt, but the consensus is that we can't get much for Ohtani?

Goldschmidt is under contract next year...he is also half the player,way older,and a whole bunch of other factors compared to Ohtani.

Not advocating a SO trade.

15 hours ago, REDneck said:

How is it that the Cards can get this haul for Goldshmidt, but the consensus is that we can't get much for Ohtani?

Goldschmidt is under contract next year...he is also half the player,way older,and a whole bunch of other factors compared to Ohtani.

Because he’s under contract for next year. That’s it. 

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Because he’s under contract for next year. That’s it. 

Idk man. I think some people around here have it wrong. Goldschmidt is the reigning MVP and is under contract for next year and won't come cheap.

With that said, I think Ohtani is the more valuable commodity to a large market team during a playoff run.

It's at least a comparable market IMO, because of the added dimensions Ohtani brings to a franchise and the chance of extending him or signing him long term.

I don't really see much options available on the market for a 1st baseman besides Goldschmidt, another option could be Grandal but you might be taking a hit on the defensive end and last is Mancini. I'd rather turn my attention towards 2nd/SS and move Drury over to first. 

1. Dejong 

2. Tim Anderson

3. Jaimer Candelario could fill that Gio role for us. 

On 6/23/2023 at 5:27 PM, REDneck said:

We’d get more than that for Ohtani, our prospects aren’t highly ranked. They might be our top Guys but really only a few have a lot of value. 

On 6/22/2023 at 8:40 PM, T-angel said:

I know this might get flamed, but a good approximation for Urshela right now is Matt Duffy. Actually, he's outperformed Urshela this year in terms of OPS+ and bats right handed and can play 1b and 3b. 

No thanks.  I’d rather not have him back.

image.png