• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jo Adell hits a HR 514 feet

warped

I saw the video.  He mashed it.  

I guess this was the longest homer in pro ball this year.  But the exit velocity was 113mph, which is very high but not the highest exit velocity.  I believe 117 has been achieved a couple of times.

So it is interesting that this is the longest homer hit but technically wasn’t the hardest hit ball.  Must have been the perfect exit angle and the elevation probably helped.

I am not diminishing the homer at all.  As I said, he crushed it.  Awesome.  Just noting something interesting regarding distance versus exit velocity.

Anyway, it’s nice to see Adell being a very, very dangerous hitter.  It sure would be nice if he could bring that permanently to the Angel lineup.

5 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

The guy has sure bulked up...which makes one wonder.

Wonder what?  If the guy works out?

He is 6’3”.  Did you think a 6’3” guy wouldn’t gain weight from age 18 to 23?  He weighs 215.

I gained 35 pounds from age 18 to 23 by accident.

He looks like a fit, strong pro athlete, not a puffy juicer.

• Chuck changed the title to Jo Adell hits a HR 514 feet
37 minutes ago, Tyler said:

Just ridiculous he isn’t getting playing time over Ward or Renfroe. He should be playing every day and those two should rotate in and out. 

He is playing every day and Ward and Refroe are rotating in and out with Moniak. There is no room for him this season but Renfroe was a one year and Ward is easily going to be the 3rd outfielder soon enough with Adell and Moniak in the corners. 

7 minutes ago, Blarg said:

He is playing every day and Ward and Refroe are rotating in and out with Moniak. There is no room for him this season but Renfroe was a one year and Ward is easily going to be the 3rd outfielder soon enough with Adell and Moniak in the corners. 

Well Renfroe may be at first base before you know it.

Then you have plenty of room for Adell to start in the OF as much  as any other OF.

46 minutes ago, Deek said:

Lots of dudes can hit tape measure BP shots...

I'd love to see and hear about Jo's defensive highlights before plugging him into the lineup...

37 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

@Chuckster70has spoken with some guys in Salt Lake and apparently his defense has vastly improved as well.

Yep, our area guy in Salt Lake and the play by play announcer Steve Kaluke said that his defense has been very good in AAA this season. Night and day difference. 

He's making all the routine plays but also making a ton of spectacular plays as well. 

Just some bad luck for Adell in terms of the current major league roster. 

We can't keep a turd like Velazquez off the team because our entire infield gets put on the IL in a single game, while our OF has been healthy basically all year on top of Moniak finding some magic and sticking as the 4OF.  

I'm sure he'll get an extended look at some point before the season ends.

2 hours ago, AngelStew43 said:

We should bring him up, play him in LF or RF, and play Renfroe or Ward at 1B.  Right now, before the season gets out of hand. 

With the misplayed bad hop with Padlo at 1st, and the bad defense in general, you want to do this full time?

5 minutes ago, AngelStew43 said:

Yes.  Adell may be the next Adam Dunn.  Big power, fair defense.  But a 40-HR MOTO bat. 

In a platoon with Walsh, sure, but not full time. Renfroe or Ward playing 2 days a week at 1st would help alleviate the current logjam and give Moniak more playing time, but Adell is a man without a position unless they trade Renfroe.