• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Prospect most likely to be traded

Assuming we are buyers at the deadline, which of our prospects do you believe has the best chance to be dealt.  I’ll go with Quero.  We have O’Hoppe, Thaiss appears to have turned a corner in his career.  Quero holds the most value in my mind.  I’m not giving him away but I’d prefer to trade him rather than pitching depth, like Bachman or Soriano. 

If Ky Bush strings together a few good starts in AA before the deadline he and Quero will be two top gets for any team selling off major league talent. 

I may be in the minority but I'm really leaning on keeping Jo Adell unless we get a good player that has more than just this year on his contract. 

16 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

If Ky Bush strings together a few good starts in AA before the deadline he and Quero will be two top gets for any team selling off major league talent. 

I may be in the minority but I'm really leaning on keeping Jo Adell unless we get a good player that has more than just this year on his contract. 

Until the Angels know more about Ohtani's intentions, I think you pretty much have to keep Adell. And even if Ohtani did re-up, they probably could use Adell to replace Renfroe. 

1 hour ago, Revad said:

Does Rengifo have much trade value?  He’s not a prospect anymore but a possible trade candidate.

Maybe should have dealt him after last year if the plan was to primarily play Drury at 2b….

1 hour ago, Second Base said:

Quero holds the most value, but in so many trades, teams are looking for pitchers who either throw hard and are bullpen bound, or guys who are an adjustment or two away from clicking. They're the "throw-ins."

Victor Mederos, Jorge Marcheco, Coleman Crow, Jake Madden, Walbert Urena....

Also,

I think it's likely that a ss/2b (Guzman, Placencia, Paris, Jackson, Soto, Vera) will be a "throw in" in any trade package .  Neto is locked in and they have adequate options for future 2b. 

My uneducated guess is they hold onto Quero to avoid selling low and offer up a pitching prospect.

5 hours ago, DMVol said:

Maybe should have dealt him after last year if the plan was to primarily play Drury at 2b….

To be fair, Rengifo is in a way saving us right now....

With Urshela gone likely for the year, and Rendon always a threat to be out, Rengifo is the level below those guys (and now Neto) and the crop of guys we saw last year, like Gosselin.

Rengifo has been a let down in that he hasn't turned that corner. And maybe never does. But he's got value in that he's better than "absolute crap" and can be plugged into multiple positions.

He just looks worse currently because the entire infield is either hurt or hitting like Walsh.

2 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Rengifo has been a let down in that he hasn't turned that corner. And maybe never does. But he's got value in that he's better than "absolute crap" and can be plugged into multiple positions.

Maybe he has a good second half, there’s still a chance.  He’s definitely better than “absolute crap.”

20 hours ago, Revad said:

Maybe he has a good second half, there’s still a chance.  He’s definitely better than “absolute crap.”

People want him to be "the shit". And are upset he's merely "not absolute crap".

But that doesn't make him a turd. Way to early to flush him down the toilet.

On 6/21/2023 at 3:29 PM, mmc said:

Well I think Perry is going to be more inclined to trade Eppler's draft picks/international signings than his own, so I'd mostly look there

agreed.

and if they move someone big, I think it’s Quero since he has legit value and is somewhat blocked.