• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

General NHL Talk 2023-2024

gotbeer

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

Case in point, do they even have any bona fide homegrown prospects on the team? 

Logan Thompson comes to mind - one of five goalies used this season, due to injuries. Adin Hill got consideration for the Conn Smythe, and he probably lost out because Laurent Brossoit played the early rounds until he got hurt.

Someone mentioned Knights players who have hoisted the Cup three times. One more is Phil Kessel, who won twice in Pittsburgh. Kessel watched the game from the press box, but donned full gear to join his mates on the ice afterward.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

8 hours ago, deepdrive said:

Only thing better than Wild Bill is Drunken Wild Bill? 

Too bad Bob wasn't a better judge of talent (and taking care of talent).

I heard about the speech, but that is the first time that I actually heard it. I didn't know that Swedes were prone to drinking heavily, but there you go. By all accounts, Bill was far more ripped than anyone else by the time that the parade ended. Not that he gave that away or anything.

game 7 of the calder cup finals is going on tonight in palm desert, about two miles from my brothers place. he was there monday for game 6 and returned again tonight for game 7. 

hershey 2, coachella valley 2 as they head to OT.

9 hours ago, Tank said:

game 7 of the calder cup finals is going on tonight in palm desert, about two miles from my brothers place. he was there monday for game 6 and returned again tonight for game 7. 

hershey 2, coachella valley 2 as they head to OT.

What team is it that has Coachella Valley ?  

49 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

Oh I see, It's Seattle. Weird that they didn't put their team in Tacoma, Spokane, or Portland.

Yeah, I thought it was weird also.  Of all places, Coachella Valley.  Not only is it no where near Seattle.  But it's no where near anything.

12 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Yeah, I thought it was weird also.  Of all places, Coachella Valley.  Not only is it no where near Seattle.  But it's no where near anything.

Well, there's a lot of people out there now and even more to come. Especially if the Salton Sea projects turn out as projected. It's just a question of if the growth goes to Coachella or Northeast San Diego County. SD County is nicer than eastern Coachella. But might be resistant to growth.

https://www.nhl.com/news/montreal-acquires-alex-newhook-from-colorado-in-exchange-for-draft-picks-and-prospect/c-345043034?tid=278542340

Avs now have picks 27, 31, and 37 in the draft but I’d be surprised if they actually make any of those picks. I like Newhook but he tends to disappear a bit and he’s on the smaller side.  Now I’m hoping they’ve got something in the works for Lindholm of Calgary. 

Also, I’m glad Kevin Hayes got traded so there’s no chance he ends up in Denver 

29 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

https://www.nhl.com/news/montreal-acquires-alex-newhook-from-colorado-in-exchange-for-draft-picks-and-prospect/c-345043034?tid=278542340

Avs now have picks 27, 31, and 37 in the draft but I’d be surprised if they actually make any of those picks. I like Newhook but he tends to disappear a bit and he’s on the smaller side.  Now I’m hoping they’ve got something in the works for Lindholm of Calgary. 

Also, I’m glad Kevin Hayes got traded so there’s no chance he ends up in Denver 

Montreal is going to be one small team.  You look at any of the teams that have won a Stanley Cup in the last few years, and small is not how I would describe their players.  

5 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Montreal is going to be one small team.  You look at any of the teams that have won a Stanley Cup in the last few years, and small is not how I would describe their players.  

The Avs in '22 weren't huge but they had a few that were and handled to physical stuff well. They got away with a slightly smaller 4th line of Helm, O'Connor and Cogliano because they could all fly down the ice and were relentless. Newhook is going to settle in as a good 3C as long as he has some skill on the line with him

The second player to touch the Cup after Game 5, original Golden Knight F Reilly Smith, has been traded to the Pittsburgh Penguins for a third round draft pick.

Within hours Ivan Barbashev, who was acquired from St. Louis before the trade deadline, was signed to a five year contract.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan