• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

General NHL Talk 2023-2024

gotbeer

40 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Guys like Quick and Perry make me laugh. When they signed their big contracts they had to have no trade clauses for the stability of not being bounced around. Now that they're in the waning years of their careers when you would think the stability of staying in one place would matter more, they uproot and move every season or more.

On 7/1/2023 at 10:54 AM, gotbeer said:

Pacioretty is a decent scorer when he is healthy, which last season was almost never. Quick is probably good enough to serve as a backup for the Rangers, but I'm glad that the Knights didn't have to call on him in the playoffs (odd tidbit - both years that VGK has gone to the final, they went through five goalies due to injury - and that doesn't count Robin Lehner missing the entire season this year). Reaves seems like an odd signing for the Leafs. Normally he is brought in to protect small, quick players from the Tom Wilsons of the league.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

@Vegas Halo Fan  Went to Vegas over the 4th.  Was surprised there wasn't more SC Champs gear around.  Granted I didn't look that hard, but at Park MGM, where the Knights have a store, didn't see much there.  Also didn't see as much Knights gear in other stores like in the first few years they were around, where it seemed like every store had Knights souveniers.  Although I did see this at the 888 Japanese BBQ.

20230705_201941.jpg

4 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

@Vegas Halo Fan  Went to Vegas over the 4th.  Was surprised there wasn't more SC Champs gear around.  Granted I didn't look that hard, but at Park MGM, where the Knights have a store, didn't see much there.  Also didn't see as much Knights gear in other stores like in the first few years they were around, where it seemed like every store had Knights souveniers.  Although I did see this at the 888 Japanese BBQ.

20230705_201941.jpg

The main team store is at T-Mobile Arena. Have never been to the one at Park MGM. It seems like Stanley Cup shirts and merchandise have been slow arriving in stores, not sure why.

11 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

The main team store is at T-Mobile Arena. Have never been to the one at Park MGM. It seems like Stanley Cup shirts and merchandise have been slow arriving in stores, not sure why.

it's a smaller store.  But an official team store.  Kind of out of the way too.  In a hallway by the pool, between the tram and park MGM.  But yeah, I would have thought the shirts and caps would have been all over, but didn't see much of it.  That's a pretty big fail by the NHL by not having the gear available.  Or maybe it was, and everyone bought it all up?  

23 hours ago, gotbeer said:

it's a smaller store.  But an official team store.  Kind of out of the way too.  In a hallway by the pool, between the tram and park MGM.  But yeah, I would have thought the shirts and caps would have been all over, but didn't see much of it.  That's a pretty big fail by the NHL by not having the gear available.  Or maybe it was, and everyone bought it all up?  

I haven't seen much around town either.

Detroit Red Wings Acquire Alex DeBrincat

The Red Wings have officially announced the deal, sending Dominik Kubalik, Donovan Sebrango, a conditional first-round pick in 2024, and a fourth-round pick in 2024. In a follow-up report, Detroit also announced a four-year, $31.5MM extension for DeBrincat, which would be an AAV of $7.785MM.

Dang.  Way to make full use of your opportunities in sports.

Arizona Coyotes Waive Alex Galchenyuk For Purposes Of Contract Termination

4:40 p.m: The Athletic’s Katie Strang reports that Galchenyuk “was arrested on July 9 on a number of charges including private property hit and run, disorderly conduct, failure to obey, resisting arrest, Threatening or Intimidating.”

On 7/14/2023 at 3:42 PM, gotbeer said:

This is just awesome, in a very terrible way.  But Galchenyuk just told Nichushkin to hold his beer in being a Russian caricature.  

Galchenyuk allegedly threatened to kill officer and family, used racist slur during arrest: Police report

It's surprising that this doesn't happen more often. Some of the places these players come from have a considerably different culture than ours (Well actually, some places in our country have a lot different culture than most.).

When I first read the charges against him, I remembered a guy I worked with (about 40 years older than me) telling me about something similar he had done in his twenties. He wasn't charged though. The police just took him a few miles out of town, beat the crap out of him, told him he better get the person who's property he damaged paid (as in, or else), and then left him to walk back home. Different mindset than what we typically have now.

The guy probably needs to go back to Eastern Europe.