• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

General NHL Talk 2023-2024

gotbeer

44 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Toronto wasn't even competitive in game 1 after the first period. I could maybe see it if they were coming out of a seven game series, but this was the first game of the playoffs.

Yeah, they looked like typical Toronto teams of the past. They have players, some very good. But they don't have a team that can compete at a playoff level.

They just keep trying to succeed in the playoffs with the same basic personnel makeup and it's not going to happen.

2 hours ago, deepdrive said:

Saw the Nashville/Vancouver game.  I hope those two enjoy themselves in their limited run. 

Whoever comes out on top in the West is in for a very difficult time against what's going to emerge from the Central.

This could be true but I think it's very possible only one Central team gets out of Round 1. I think Vegas will beat Dallas again and Vancouver shouldn't really have any problems with Nashville. That leaves the Jets/Avs serie. If the Avs get 4 .880 games from the goalies they'll win this. If not the Jets win by default

8 hours ago, arch stanton said:

This could be true but I think it's very possible only one Central team gets out of Round 1. I think Vegas will beat Dallas again and Vancouver shouldn't really have any problems with Nashville. That leaves the Jets/Avs serie. If the Avs get 4 .880 games from the goalies they'll win this. If not the Jets win by default

When did the Avs trade for Gibswim?

11 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Incredible story.

10 hours ago, deepdrive said:

I agree with her. That would be a pretty good name. I don't see the reason behind the other two (Venom, Blizzard). Maybe someone (as in the owner) thought they sounded cool ?

Can you imagine what her book sales have suddenly become?  Good that the team even recognized it.  Or even knew about it.  Plus she seems really receptive to any copyright challenges.  

8 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Can you imagine what her book sales have suddenly become?  Good that the team even recognized it.  Or even knew about it.  Plus she seems really receptive to any copyright challenges.  

I think the Ducks set a precedent.  This is totally doable.

On 4/21/2024 at 10:38 PM, deepdrive said:

Yeah, they looked like typical Toronto teams of the past. They have players, some very good. But they don't have a team that can compete at a playoff level.

They just keep trying to succeed in the playoffs with the same basic personnel makeup and it's not going to happen.

And after we both said this, they evened the series by winning in Boston last night.

6 hours ago, deepdrive said:

First thing the announcer said after Dallas won in OT:

"Now they're back in it"

Ehh, I don't think so. That shooting was pretty bad. Kind of like watching the Ducks for the last 5 years.

I have admit that that was a fun game to watch. Even if Vegas looked flat and at times uninterested for the first half of the game. Dallas looked desperate and oetenger didn't look like a goalie that would take them far. Eichel was a one man show. Stone though looks like he's still playing hurt. Which is concerning considering the injury he's coming back from. Hearing lindholm, lyubushkin, Benoit, theodore, and steel a lot was annoying.

On 4/22/2024 at 11:15 AM, arch stanton said:

3 down, 1 to go. After game 1 what were the odds that Hellebuyck would be the first goalie in the series to get pulled?

Pretty much the next round is determined, with the exception of the Knights/Stars series.  If the Stars win tonight, I think it's pretty guaranteed that the Avalanche will go to the Semi's.  Reason I say that, is that the Stars are putting everything they have and then some to beat the Knights.  If this goes 6-7 games, they are going to beat each other up so much, that a rested Colorado team should have no problem.  If the Knights win though and can take it in 5 or 6, then it'll be a pretty tough Colorado vs Knights series.

On 4/28/2024 at 6:38 AM, gotbeer said:

I have admit that that was a fun game to watch. Even if Vegas looked flat and at times uninterested for the first half of the game. Dallas looked desperate and oetenger didn't look like a goalie that would take them far. Eichel was a one man show. Stone though looks like he's still playing hurt. Which is concerning considering the injury he's coming back from. Hearing lindholm, lyubushkin, Benoit, theodore, and steel a lot was annoying.

Flat describes the last two games.  Only Logan Thompson's brilliant play in goal prevented both games from becoming blowouts.  Far too much play in their own end, too many turnovers in the defensive zone. I haven't been very impressed with Tomas Hertl so far. They really miss Dorofeyev. Mark Stone definitely isn't 100 percent. Not generating much offense either. They were outshot something like 18-5 in the first period of game 3. The shots that they are taking are long range, giving the goalie plenty of time to make a glove save. 

Dallas is beating them to pucks on both ends of the ice. 

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan