• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

General NHL Talk 2023-2024

gotbeer

10 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

I still don’t see him in Pittsburgh but I’ll throw something out there for you…..Z and Gibson to Columbus for the #3 pick, Merzlikins, and Jake Bean

To add to this, who do the Ducks take if they had 2&3. I would think Fantilli would be a given. But would you add Michkov or go the safe route with Carlson?

I would go with Michkov. Which leads to: do you deal with Columbus or talk to SJ or maybe lower?

13 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

To add to this, who do the Ducks take if they had 2&3. I would think Fantilli would be a given. But would you add Michkov or go the safe route with Carlson?

I would go with Michkov. Which leads to: do you deal with Columbus or talk to SJ or maybe lower?

Columbus has to keep pushing. As teams like Boston, Washington, Pittsburgh, and eventually Tampa start to fade they can’t get left behind by Buffalo, Detroit, Ottawa, etc. You have to think that putting Z between Laine and Gaudreau could be pretty dynamic but Elvis was horrendous this year so they need to retool the D and goal  

27 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

Wow. Who messed up worse San Jose or Vancouver? Both had finished builds  completely turn into dumpster fires 🔥.

Don't forget Calgary and Winnipeg.  Both looked like they were turning the corner.  Then Tkachuk went.  And Winnipeg just seems to be imploding.

52 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Don't forget Calgary and Winnipeg.  Both looked like they were turning the corner.  Then Tkachuk went.  And Winnipeg just seems to be imploding.

But this is great news for the Avs. 4 potential 1 year 2C candidates for Landeskog's LTIR money with Scheiffele, PLD, Lindholm, Bachlund. I'd love to have Lindholm. He and McKinnon give them the best top 6 on hockey but realistically my money is on Bachlund. I think he's primed to win a Cup and go get paid somewhere

9 hours ago, arch stanton said:

But this is great news for the Avs. 4 potential 1 year 2C candidates for Landeskog's LTIR money with Scheiffele, PLD, Lindholm, Bachlund. I'd love to have Lindholm. He and McKinnon give them the best top 6 on hockey but realistically my money is on Bachlund. I think he's primed to win a Cup and go get paid somewhere

With the projections of where the cap is going in the next few years, I think the Ducks would probably be looking to score a high end offensive talent in this free agency. Up and coming team with cap space. It should be the smart thing to do. I bet Yzerman is thinking the same thing.

11 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

I will wait until after Saturday at least.

You should be feeling good until at least Christmas. Just don't spend too much time reading the drivel on other boards written by disgruntled East coast and Canadian fans who want to claim Vegas is where they are because of the expansion draft 6 years ago.

Vegas fleeced (by better understanding talent, team, the game) at least 4 other teams. Here's some gambling philosophy based on the randomness of calling a coin flip:

Anybody can get lucky once   50:50

Maybe twice   25:75

Probably not three times   12.5:87.5

When you get to four, only a fool doesn't start asking what's going on here   6.25:93.75

35 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

With the projections of where the cap is going in the next few years, I think the Ducks would probably be looking to score a high end offensive talent in this free agency. Up and coming team with cap space. It should be the smart thing to do. I bet Yzerman is thinking the same thing.

None of those 4 are free agents. All have one season left so they can use Landy’s LTIR this season then see if there’s clarity on his situation next off season.

And for the record this year’s FA class blows ass

Edited by arch stanton

2 hours ago, arch stanton said:

None of those 4 are free agents. All have one season left so they can use Landy’s LTIR this season then see if there’s clarity on his situation next off season.

And for the record this year’s FA class blows ass

Oh yeah, I missed that in your post and I don't follow the rest of the league that well. 

A trade wouldn't be bad. I don't know how much the Ducks have outside of a couple D prospects that they would be willing to part with. They do have cap space to barter with though. Maybe Toronto is willing to move Nylander. Might be a little too expensive. But, it depends on  how much of their team they feel they need to reconfigure. If not Toronto, somewhere in the league there has to be something workable.

We have to get a quality experienced D guy at least and we need a second D with experience for a couple years. A big front of the net guy is needed at some point too. So, there's plenty for Verbeek to work on - top end talent and role guys.

It's going to be interesting to see who Verbeek doesn't see in a future roll. I would think he has to move out at least a couple guys.

4 hours ago, deepdrive said:

You should be feeling good until at least Christmas. Just don't spend too much time reading the drivel on other boards written by disgruntled East coast and Canadian fans who want to claim Vegas is where they are because of the expansion draft 6 years ago.

Vegas fleeced (by better understanding talent, team, the game) at least 4 other teams. Here's some gambling philosophy based on the randomness of calling a coin flip:

Anybody can get lucky once   50:50

Maybe twice   25:75

Probably not three times   12.5:87.5

When you get to four, only a fool doesn't start asking what's going on here   6.25:93.75

Vegas did fleece teams like the Ducks because we were stupid. But from day 1 they were super aggressive with trades and FAs. Case in point, do they even have any bona fide homegrown prospects on the team? If I remember right, their highest picks were glass and Krebs? Was Suzuki a draft pick? All Traded away. It's so against how teams are constructed on every other team. 

5 hours ago, deepdrive said:

Vegas fleeced (by better understanding talent, team, the game) at least 4 other teams. 

I have heard it all. Vegas was handed a championship team, other teams deserve it more, we haven't paid our dues, the rest of the league hates us, etc. The original team was composed of players not considered important enough to protect by their previous clubs, plus some astute trade acquisitions. All three men who have served as head coach were fired by other organizations, and could have been hired by anyone  It is a well run organization led by men not afraid to be aggressive and take chances. They have evaluated and developed talent well. The first year was incredible, and just what a city recovering from a major tragedy needed. The players were very visible in the community in the aftermath of the Route 91 mass shooting, and that solidified their bond with the community before the first puck was dropped. This year was the culmination of a lot of effort by a lot of people.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

2 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

I have heard it all. Vegas was handed a championship team, other teams deserve it more, we haven't paid our dues, the rest of the league hates us, etc. The original team was composed of players not considered important enough to protect by their previous clubs, plus some astute trade acquisitions. All three men who have served as head coach were fired by other organizations, and could have been signed by anyone  It is a well run organization led by men not afraid to be aggressive and take chances. They have evaluated and developed talent well. The first year was incredible, and just what a city recovering from a major tragedy needed. The players were very visible in the community in the aftermath of the Route 91 mass shooting, and that solidified their bond with the community before the first puck was dropped. This year was the culmination of a lot of effort by a lot of people.

When Vegas came in, they were #2 for me after the Ducks. But they were just too aggressive and more importantly not very loyal. Especially to flower. But there were a lot of vets they signed or Traded for, only to be flipped for the latest hype player. 

But I am happy for the fans. The city has embraced the knights from day 1. Too much actually. Year 1 I was able to see the Ducks play. Now it's like paying for playoff tickets 

As far as Fleury goes, there are conflicting stories about how the deal with Chicago went down. We may never know the complete truth. They had $12M per year tied up in goalies at the time, and they couldn't improve the club in other areas with that being the case. We all hated to see Fleury go, but he is pretty much a backup at this point.

Fleury is cited as a case in point by the "handed a championship team" crowd. He had won the Cup in Pittsburgh, but he wasn't a starter there at the time of the expansion draft. The Penguins even threw in a draft pick to sweeten the deal if the Knights took him off their hands.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan