• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

General NHL Talk 2023-2024

gotbeer

2 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Man, two really good low scoring games tonight.  Game 7 for Dallas/Vegas.  @arch stanton who do you guys want?

Vegas give the Avs home ice but I have no preference. I do believe Vegas will win game 7 because Dallas doesn't have anyone who's gonna rise to the moment

On 5/4/2024 at 12:36 AM, arch stanton said:

Vegas give the Avs home ice but I have no preference. I do believe Vegas will win game 7 because Dallas doesn't have anyone who's gonna rise to the moment

I don't know, Johnston has been playing well in clutch situations. I'd pick him to score a big goal over any individual on Vegas ( sorry Eichel).

22 hours ago, gotbeer said:

What a finish to put Toronto on suicide watch. Florida is going to roll Boston.

My bet is Mariner is not getting another big contract there. Tavares will only stay on a short reasonably priced deal.

They can't go with this version of their team any longer. The fans and writers will chew them up.

Marner's not that valuable to them anyway.

I guess I didn't account for the Radek Faksa factor. Vegas looked slow and old. Had no answers for the Dallas forecheck. They made the big additions but Hertl looks cooked and Hanafin is not a good QB for that PP

Bring on the Stars. Avs rested and ready. They'll be crappy in game 1 then take over the series

2 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

And the defending champs blow a 2-0 series lead and are out.  They have $900k cap space next season.  

Until early March when 4 of them go on LTIR but are somehow ready for game 1 of the playoffs.

14 hours ago, arch stanton said:

Until early March when 4 of them go on LTIR but are somehow ready for game 1 of the playoffs.

Really.

It's part of their game plan at this point.

But, give credit where credit is due. They found a hole (or more accurately took it from TB's playbook)  in the system and exploited it fully. Because Bettman is so proud of himself for being the first one into Vegas, he is leary to do anything that goes against his Vegas success story.

I don't see any move to stop this until one of the lesser teams starts dominating with the technique.

43 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Right again.

This was predictable with Boston still on a high and Florida sitting so long. We'll see how it goes from here if the Bruins get a little fatigued. And you have to wonder about Maurice swapping Reinhart and Tkachuk after Reinhart put up a monster season playing with Barkov. I think we're seeing why he and Bowness coached so long without ever winning anything

2 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Wow. @arch stantonoGrats on the win. Or steal. While watching the ticker during the Rangers game and it clicking up to 3,thought your guys were done. And really you were under seige in ot. But pulled the rabbit out of the hat.

When teams get aggressive the Avs' speed can always make them pay. I knew Wood would score a big breakaway at some time in the playoffs but this is just great timing. Go look at the NHL.com edge stats. The Avs as a team are like double the next closest team in 20 MPH bursts with Wood, Nichushkin, MacK all having a ton of them