• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

General NHL Talk 2023-2024

gotbeer

Hold off on that post above. NJ is holding Colorado to 1 halfway through the second.  Maybe even the Ducks could skate with them this week.

Big game tonight. Maybe biggest of the season.Can Vegas stop them ? I don't think so.

Anyway, it wouldn't be right to take away the thunder of the Ducks next game.

51 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

Big game tonight. Maybe biggest of the season.Can Vegas stop them ? I don't think so.

Injuries have been the biggest issue. Adin Hill missed more than a month. Eichel, Karlsson, Carrier, Theodore, Martinez, Amadio and Hutton have missed substantial time. Dorofeyev is out.  The team hasn't been anywhere near full strength apart from the opening stretch when they started 12-2.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

1 hour ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Injuries have been the biggest issue. Adin Hill missed more than a month. Eichel, Karlsson, Carrier, Theodore, Martinez, Amadio and Hutton have missed substantial time. Dorofeyev is out.  The team hasn't been anywhere near full strength apart from the opening stretch when they started 12-2.

It makes a difference. Does Edmonton have anyone of consequence out?

• 3 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

Avs traded MacDermid to New Jersey for a KHL 4th line center and a 7th rounder.. Avs needed cap space for other moves and I guess the Devils wanted someone to be Hughes' version of Marty McSorley

That's going to help their defense.  He can play defense, right?

Don't know what the Knights are going to do. Eichel is on LTIR, and Stone has a lacerated spleen and is out for the rest of the regular season and possibly the first round of the playoffs. Supposedly Eichel was to have become available during the current road trip, but so far it hasn't happened. According to a local news story, three days ago he skated for the first time since injuring his knee.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

9 hours ago, gotbeer said:

@arch stanton  At this rate, your Avalanche will need "Hello, my name is" tags around the locker room for a few games.

Overall I’m pretty happy about what they did. Would have liked a truer 4C who can win some face offs on the PK but as long as the big boys stay healthy they’re favorites. 

1 hour ago, arch stanton said:

I don't know why they can't cut a deal to share the arena with the Suns. This whole thing reeks of horseshit ownership

Suns already said no.  Then again, looking on the interwebs, it's a city owned property.  So don't know.  

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

Suns already said no.  Then again, looking on the interwebs, it's a city owned property.  So don't know.  

They got evicted in Glendale and can’t cut a deal with the Suns in Phoenix. Horseshit ownership 

I don't know enough about the ownership situation in Arizona to have an opinion on whether that is why their situation is what it is. One thing is clear - they can't continue to play in a 4,500-seat college hockey arena.

The idea was floated about moving them here before the expansion franchise was awarded. Seeing their plight now explains why Bill Foley was only interested in an expansion franchise, not in buying and moving an existing one. He preferred to start fresh rather than inheriting someone else's mistakes.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

32 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

I don't know enough about the ownership situation in Arizona to have an opinion on whether that is why their situation is what it is. One thing is clear - they can't continue to play in a 4,500-seat college hockey arena.

The idea was floated about moving them here before the expansion franchise was awarded. Seeing their plight now explains why Bill Foley was only interested in an expansion franchise, not in buying and moving an existing one. He preferred to start fresh rather than inheriting someone else's mistakes.

They got themselves evicted from their arena for non-payment and now they're waiting for some state or municipal taxpayers to bail them out with land and a building. Bettman really wants a team in Arizona and it should be working but they (ownership) refuse to act like top professionals. Even if they end up moving a new expansion will end up in Phoenix but it will be same old shit until they force these clowns to sell