• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Greatness Interrupted: The Decline (or not?) of Mike Trout

He has never been this bad before.  I’d be interested to know the percentage of high fastballs he’s now seeing.  It seems to me in years past as he went around the league he could count on more teams to pitch him differently.  Now it’s like up to 75% seemingly.  He can’t hit them, and he’s not even close to them.  He has as big of a hole in his swing as I’ve ever seen. It’s not going to stop.  Not enough stupid teams, although the Chicago teams demonstrated some.  He either learns to flatten out for a high pitch or he’ll struggle to hit .250.  How come he’s not being asked about it? 

1 hour ago, full circle said:

He has never been this bad before.  I’d be interested to know the percentage of high fastballs he’s now seeing.  It seems to me in years past as he went around the league he could count on more teams to pitch him differently.  Now it’s like up to 75% seemingly.  He can’t hit them, and he’s not even close to them.  He has as big of a hole in his swing as I’ve ever seen. It’s not going to stop.  Not enough stupid teams, although the Chicago teams demonstrated some.  He either learns to flatten out for a high pitch or he’ll struggle to hit .250.  How come he’s not being asked about it? 

This or Brooks baseball may be the closest you can get to getting your question answered.

https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/savant-player/mike-trout-545361?stats=statcast-r-zones-mlb

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

This or Brooks baseball may be the closest you can get to getting your question answered.

https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/savant-player/mike-trout-545361?stats=statcast-r-zones-mlb

So he's basically unlucky as holy shitting duckfuck. I know he's striking out more and walking less, which is...a slight concern. But that shit is basically elite. 

I'm sure we'll all be laughing about this when he hits 5 dongs in the Texas series.

He had this strikeout problem in 2014.  He used to ALWAYS take the first pitch and found himself down in the count.  He fixed it by swinging at more first pitches, thus avoiding the 2-strike situations where he would get the heater high and inside.  

2 hours ago, oldguy said:

He had this strikeout problem in 2014.  He used to ALWAYS take the first pitch and found himself down in the count.  He fixed it by swinging at more first pitches, thus avoiding the 2-strike situations where he would get the heater high and inside.  

How many first pitches have been taken compared to the past few years?