• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OC Register: Logan O’Hoppe hurt in Angels’ loss to Yankees

2 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Why has Stassi been out so long?

His hips and a family issue.  The family issue seems to be the focus now, although if he’s not playing the hip issue may return when he starts.  I’m not sure what you do if O’Hoppe goes on the DL, just go with in-house guys or try to make a trade.

4 minutes ago, Revad said:

His hips and a family issue.  The family issue seems to be the focus now, although if he’s not playing the hip issue may return when he starts.  I’m not sure what you do if O’Hoppe goes on the DL, just go with in-house guys or try to make a trade.

In house guys 

24 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Is anyone else fearing that this injury could result in a long stint on the IL.

We're Angels fans, from a place where pitchers literally puke live on the mound and 'dehydration' can mean Tommy-John, we know better than to expect nice things.

15 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

@Docwaukee any idea what type of injury he could have sustained? Give us best and worst case scenarios. 

Does that matter as much as the worrying thought that he is in the hands of a medical team with a pretty poor history. They're a bit rubbish really, aren't they? They never get anyone back early, and don't have the best record for getting players back on schedule and then keeping them on the team. I wouldn't let them treat my cat, let alone put the future of a multi-million dollar sports career in their hands.

CIwyyE-1368416839.gif

57 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Is anyone else fearing that this injury could result in a long stint on the IL.

We never hear a word about the real nature of these injuries. It's always obscure. Day to day turns into weeks or months, and a strained calf (Trout) becomes a torn calf five months later. The whole thing is so screwed up. This is a crap operation, sorry to say.

Who knows when Walsh will return or what is really wrong with him. 

I'm sure O'Hoppe will be fine by spring training 2024.

49 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

@Docwaukee any idea what type of injury he could have sustained? Give us best and worst case scenarios. 

Not a Dr, and definitely not Doc, but he had the same movement and reaction Tatis did when he dislocated his shoulder.  Sooner or later he's going to have his labrum looked at.  

Just now, Inside Pitch said:

Look at the bright side -- while the defense doesn't seem to be there, Quero's bat is coming along better than anyone could have expected.  

I could see the Angels promote him if O'Hoppe is out for an extended period of time. 

4 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I could see the Angels promote him if O'Hoppe is out for an extended period of time. 

I think they'd go with Wallach until the bat became too big of a liability to carry..   

They would also probably want to see if Thaiss would do better with more playing time and at the same time give Quero more time to smooth out his receiving.  I think they like Thaiss more than most people here do.  Back to Quero, people will talk about his framing but he's just been super busy back there.  There are some things he's doing that's actually really good, but he tends to move around a lot, is slow to settle.  That doesn't work at the MLB level -- it can mess with pitchers too although it's hard to argue that the Panda's staff has been impacted at all.

I'm just glad Quero exists and the Angels actually have depth in an area they have really struggled with.

34 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Not a Dr, and definitely not Doc, but he had the same movement and reaction Tatis did when he dislocated his shoulder.  Sooner or later he's going to have his labrum looked at.  

I've watched some doctor shows on TV and can confidently diagnose O'Hoppe with losang elsitis.

27 minutes ago, REDneck said:

Anyone suspicious of the Phillies organization?

This sounds like something that could be reoccurring and could of happened in this past.

Generally speaking, buyers should do their due diligence. The kid is great though…I hope he bounces back soon.