• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Chris Rodriguez suffers a setback with shoulder injury, no longer throwing to live hitters, no timetable

mmc

13 minutes ago, ThisismineScios said:

For the love of everything, just let this dude be a reliever. His body isn’t made for starting. Just let him throw 100 pitches a week and take what you can get. He’s already has two setbacks in ramping up. Better to have a great reliever than dream of a starter. 

I don't even think it's a matter of starter vs. reliever at this point.  Dude just can't stay healthy, period.

19 minutes ago, ThisismineScios said:

For the love of everything, just let this dude be a reliever. His body isn’t made for starting. Just let him throw 100 pitches a week and take what you can get. He’s already has two setbacks in ramping up. Better to have a great reliever than dream of a starter. 

He was only throwing about 30 pitches to hitters each time before he had a setback. 

5 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

I bet I could find someone saying basically the same thing about him for each of the last five years.

If only we can pretend that person wasn't implying health wasn't the only question. I can recall a prospect top 30 where we were told we should temper our enthusiasm because he had never pitched above A ball. 

Dude is hurt, and still the most talented arm in the system not named Ohtani.  That's always been my argument. He's proven to be a slow healer too.

Who was the guy, Sean somebody or other (forgot his last name) who was injured for a long time, had a "fantastic bullpen session", then vanished?

I believe he pitched for another team after that.

Angels have a weird history with injuries and other things. Goodbye, Chris. Wish I could say it's been fun.

7 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Who was the guy, Sean somebody or other (forgot his last name) who was injured for a long time, had a "fantastic bullpen session", then vanished?

I believe he pitched for another team after that.

Angels have a weird history with injuries and other things. Goodbye, Chris. Wish I could say it's been fun.

Sean Burnett.  He did make it back with the Nationals, but only for a few innings and then he was done for good in the majors.

1 hour ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

He did have shoulder surgery, which is basically the worst thing a pitcher can have. 

We’ve gotten spoiled by the success rate of elbow surgery, like TJ, but shoulder surgery has always been a whole other ballgame. 

remember when rotator cuff injuries were happening every time you turned around? i haven't heard of one in several years.