• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jo Adell

3 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

But as of right now, I don’t see first base as a settled position is all I am saying.  If Adell goes off and the Angels at some point view Adell as ready to be in the mlb lineup, Ward at first base would be an obvious option.

I would put Ward at 1b if they thought Adell's bat was better that whoever else would be at 1b.  

Hey @Jeff Fletcher, any updates on Walsh?  

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

All of these guys were late bloomers and didn't have success in the majors until after they were 26+ years old. 

Randy Johnson, Phil Niekro, Max Scherzer, Jacob deGrom, Joe Nathan, Hoyt Wilhelm, Nelson Cruz, David Ortiz, Jorge Posada, Edwin Encarnacion, Jeff Kent, Josh Donaldson, Maury Wills, Brian Giles, Jose Bautista, Earl Averill, Ben Zobrist.

This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet

43 minutes ago, Docwaukee said:

Someone suggested getting him a 1bman's glove and while it's theoretically a reasonable idea, I think he'd be just horrible at 1b.

Maybe I missed it, but I don’t think anybody suggested putting Adell at first, but rather slide Ward to first to open up a spot for Adell (should Adells bat force some decisions).

55 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Maybe I missed it, but I don’t think anybody suggested putting Adell at first, but rather slide Ward to first to open up a spot for Adell (should Adells bat force some decisions).

Might have been me, if so very tongue in cheek.  Definitely need some production out of 1b.

8 hours ago, Stradling said:

I’m gonna get hit with a Debbie Downer with this one. Before the home run streak started he was walking regularly and I think he went something like 17 at bats before striking out.  Now in 42 PA he has 12 strike outs. So if it was 17 at bats to start the season without a k, then he’s striking out about 50% of the time during his home run barrage. 

Yeah, I noticed that as well.

I wonder how much of that is because he has hit 7 homers in the last six games vs. his plate discipline declining.

14 hours ago, Trendon said:

Britton isn't signed because his velo is down 3 mph from where it was at when he was good.

I don't see how adding another declining veteran reliever without options will fix the Angels bullpen.

Angel fans love names they recognize.  Then, they love to whine about the team signing guys past their prime.  Then the next time a name they recognize becomes available the process repeats itself.

the lion king film GIF by hoppip

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

Angel fans love names they recognize.  Then, they love to whine about the team signing guys past their prime.  Then the next time a name they recognize becomes available the process repeats itself.

the lion king film GIF by hoppip

I think this version is more appropriate:

throwing the lion king GIF

4 hours ago, gurn67 said:

Another home run last night in Las Vegas for Adell. 3 for 5 with no strikeouts. 

If Cabbage can play first, DFA Lamb. Cabbage certainly can't do worse than him.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. A lineup of Ohoppe, Cabbage and Lamb would be the most Irish lineup ever. 

it's amazing how many people don't want to look at adell's defense. it's fantastic to see what he's doing offensively, but i care a whole lot more about how he's fielding his position in SLC. I thought that was his most glaring weakness in the previous times he was called up.

anyone have any updates on his defensive play?

6 minutes ago, Tank said:

it's amazing how many people don't want to look at adell's defense. it's fantastic to see what he's doing offensively, but i care a whole lot more about how he's fielding his position in SLC. I thought that was his most glaring weakness in the previous times he was called up.

It's not that people don't want to look at his defense, it's just that it's way harder to evaluate than offense.

You can look at an offensive stat line. You can't look at a defensive stat line and gain anything meaningful from it.

2 minutes ago, Trendon said:

It's not that people don't want to look at his defense, it's just that it's way harder to evaluate than offense.

You can look at an offensive stat line. You can't look at a defensive stat line and gain anything meaningful from it.

fair, but i figured that since there are a few guys here who watch the minors pretty closely that there might be some way for them to explain how he looks in the field. does he have any errors? is he getting a good jump on the ball? is he taking a good path to the ball? is he catching the ball instead of letting it bounce off his dome or kicking it around the outfield?

I fully understand that these are difficult things to measure statistically but like I mentioned, I figured the guys who are watching minor league games might have  some info about it.