• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jo Adell

Some nice improvement from Adell early this year, he has just homered in his 5th consecutive game, but more impressive to me is his 7 walks to go against 9 strikeouts. Hopefully he's finally turned a corner. Keep it up, Jo.

37 PA

10 Hits

4 Doubles

5 HR

7 Walks

9 Strikeouts

Stat line .345 / .487 / 1.000 / 1.487

This is only the first two weeks of minor league ball so I would not get too excited about a short hitting streak.

Keep him in Salt Lake until the trade deadline. If he is still producing at this level then trade out a 4th outfielder and put him on the roster.

3 minutes ago, Blarg said:

This is only the first two weeks of minor league ball so I would get too excited about a short hitting streak.

Keep him in Salt Lake until the trade deadline. If he is still producing at this level then trade out a 4th outfielder and put him on the roster.

Or see what trade value he has 

5 minutes ago, Blarg said:

If he's still producing at this level several months from now, trade him for the best reliever(s) available. 

5 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Adell won’t have near the trade value needed to make it worth trading him at the deadline unless of course there’s an injury and he comes up and performs well. 

I suspect he will not, but if he keeps hitting a home run every game... 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Or see what trade value he has 

1 hour ago, Justin said:

If he's still producing at this level several months from now, trade him for the best reliever(s) available. 

The Angels still need outfielders next year and to be honest, relievers are complete flakes. If Adell has turned the corner the Angels can promote relievers from the minors but they still need a right fielder. I think he still can be the guy. 

2 hours ago, Blarg said:

This is only the first two weeks of minor league ball so I would get too excited about a short hitting streak.

He will be starting LF in 2024

9 minutes ago, Blarg said:

The Angels still need outfielders next year

I agree, but I am just fine with the Angels doing whatever they possibly can to win this season. 

That being said, I don't think Adell is going to keep mashing like this and I don't think he will fetch much in return. But if he can... 

2 hours ago, Blarg said:

I'm not, which is why I said I was more impressed by his 7 walks against 9 strikeouts. It indicates an improved approach and better pitch recognition. Maybe you didn't read that far and just reacted to the first few words, in which case I'd advise visiting whoever Adell has spoken with to improve your approach to not swing at the first thing you see, too.

21 minutes ago, WicketMaiden said:

I'm not, which is why I said I was more impressed by his 7 walks against 9 strikeouts. It indicates an improved approach and better pitch recognition. Maybe you didn't read that far and just reacted to the first few words, in which case I'd advise visiting whoever Adell has spoken with to improve your approach to not swing at the first thing you see, too.

I read everything you wrote but such a small sample size just can't be taken seriously. You need only to look at his Spring Training stats to see the huge disparity in strikeouts to walks at 22 to 2. This wasn't  year ago, it was two weeks past. 

Neither are going to be who Jo Adell at the plate is going to be in a few months but at least there will be enough data to filter out the noise of any 30 plate appearance swing. 

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

The Angels still need outfielders next year and to be honest, relievers are complete flakes. If Adell has turned the corner the Angels can promote relievers from the minors but they still need a right fielder. I think he still can be the guy. 

I hope he does finally put it together