• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

I love the .393 OBP and 44 SBs.  The Ks (30%) are still a bit of an issue.

Plus he has enough power for a middle INF.   Fletcher, Paris certainly ain’t.

Put him immediately at SS (even though 2B his best position), and let Rengifo play a lot of OF in September?

Don’t need to see Velazquez in the lineup again anyway. 

And if Paris does well enough in September, do they start thinking about trading Drury towards upgrading the pitching? 

Edited by Angel Oracle

24 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

I love the .393 OBP and 44 SBs.  The Ks (30%) are still a bit of an issue.

Plus he has enough power for a middle INF.   Fletcher, Paris certainly ain’t.

Put him immediately at SS (even though 2B his best position), and let Rengifo play a lot of OF in September?

Don’t need to see Velazquez in the lineup again anyway. 

And if Paris does well enough in September, do they start thinking about trading Drury towards upgrading the pitching? 

I don't think Drury on a one-year deal is gonna get you much of an upgrade in pitching.  He's definitely been solid this year, but I have a feeling he doesn't have a ton of trade value. And the Angels will probably need him next year, since he can play a number of positions. 

2 hours ago, BTH said:

I wonder if LHP Nick Jones gets promoted.

He didn’t pitch today in a tight game when 5/6 batters in the last two innings were left handed.

He didn’t pitch yesterday either, so I don’t think he was down for usage reasons.

I've somehow never even heard of Jones until now. He grew up a few miles from where I did. Pretty good numbers this year. 

Since Shohei isn't going to stick around, there should be plenty of DH at bats for Rendon and Trout, so I bet Drury probably plays some 3B next year with Schanuel at 1B, Paris 2B and Neto SS. 

There really won't be much certainty in the outfield next year. Brain issues can linger so Ward isn't a sure thing. Adell certainly has a lot to prove, Moniak isn't without his shortcomings and if Trout is DHing, there may be plenty of playing time in the outfield for Rengifo or Drury.