• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

#Angels RHP prospect Bryce Osmond in High-A playing for the @TC_DustDevils has been named the Northwest League Pitcher of the Week for July 31 - Aug. 6. Osmond was the Angels’ 15th-round pick in 2022 out of Oklahoma State. Since July 2 he’s 2-1, 3.38 with 39 strikeouts and 11 walks in 26.2 innings. Osmond struck out 11 hitters in his last outing.

According to Baseball America: Osmond caught the eye of scouts during minor league spring training thanks to a combination of a mid-90s fastball and a nasty slider that some scouts believed was already a plus pitch.

Did the Angels ever officially announce their 2023 draft signings?

I know BA reported that they signed everyone, but a few players (Barrett Kent, Sam Brown, Logan Britt) haven’t been assigned to any affiliate.

Just curious if any of them, more likely the latter two, backed out of a deal at the last second.

22 minutes ago, Trendon said:

I know BA reported that they signed everyone, but a few players (Barrett Kent, Sam Brown, Logan Britt) haven’t been assigned to any affiliate.

Just curious if any of them, more likely the latter two, backed out of a deal at the last second.

Brown and Britt are both showing 150K signing bonuses from multiple sources including at Baseball Cube, both are Jrs.  They have absolutely no leverage at all should they return to college.  So unless they want to go back to school in hopes of improving their draft position for the sake of ego or just because they love the college life, there is nothing to be gained -- they would both be getting take it or leave it offers as Seniors.

Riley Bauman is another guy I don't think has seen any games -- not sure if he's been assigned.

24 minutes ago, Trendon said:

I'm assuming they're just getting instruction at the complex, it's a bit weird but Dalton Kendrick wasn't assigned to an affiliate until today either

2 minutes ago, mmc said:

I'm assuming they're just getting instruction at the complex, it's a bit weird but Dalton Kendrick wasn't assigned to an affiliate until today either

Some of the college guys get their physicals and are shut down or like you said -- are sent to "instucts" to get work in but not extend themselves physicially.

Vera, Ramirez, Placencia, and this year Blakely, continue to disappoint. They're all 20, with Blakely being 21. I assume they repeat at A+ ball? They're too young to be considered busts, but it is quite disappointing how they haven't really developed - at least according to the numbers.

Anyone heard anything positive about these guys this year? Placencia continues to have a nice walk rate, but that's just about it.

D'Shawn Knowles also seems to have stalled out and may soon join his buddy Trent Deveaux as a DFA, though I suspect they'll keep him around another year just to make sure.

Literally none of those Eppler international signings have worked out. Too soon to tell on Minasian's first couple tries (Guzman, Rada, etc, as well as Quero).

Edited by Angelsjunky