• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

5 hours ago, mmc said:

I'd rather you come into threads to contribute to the discussion rather than just seeking out yet another place to spew the same drivel of how awful you think the franchise is

So “contribute” in your mind means being positive and supportive of the team regardless of any facts that prove otherwise.  Got it.  2030 here we come!

11 hours ago, Skips said:

So “contribute” in your mind means being positive and supportive of the team regardless of any facts that prove otherwise.  Got it.  2030 here we come!

This is a thread focused on the Angels farm system and standout performances throughout the season. 

It is not a thread to bring your gloom and doom narrative.

If you want to wait until 2030 to check back in, we'll be here. 

9 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

This is a thread focused on the Angels farm system and standout performances throughout the season. 

It is not a thread to bring your gloom and doom narrative.

If you want to wait until 2030 to check back in, we'll be here. 

Oh sorry Chuck - I guess I missed the title for this thread that said it was an only optimistic, positive, everything is awesome thread.  I thought it was discussing our farm system and prospects - meaningfully.  Good or bad.  
If it’s all sunshine thread then just say so.  Call the thread that and I’ll take reality out.  I’ll join in with the unrealistic convo, if you want, and pretend we have a great future and tons of prospects to take us to the glory land.  Otherwise, how about we allow different opinions and not impose censorship.  I understand business is Angels.  But sometimes you need to call a spade a spade. 

Also, I didn’t come in saying these things.  The conversation just went that way.  But I get it - you don’t want to hear it.  I’ll go away.  

15 minutes ago, Skips said:

Oh sorry Chuck - I guess I missed the title for this thread that said it was an only optimistic, positive, everything is awesome thread.  I thought it was discussing our farm system and prospects - meaningfully.  Good or bad.  
If it’s all sunshine thread then just say so.  Call the thread that and I’ll take reality out.  I’ll join in with the unrealistic convo, if you want, and pretend we have a great future and tons of prospects to take us to the glory land.  Otherwise, how about we allow different opinions and not impose censorship.  I understand business is Angels.  But sometimes you need to call a spade a spade. 

Also, I didn’t come in saying these things.  The conversation just went that way.  But I get it - you don’t want to hear it.  I’ll go away.  

“But sometimes you need to call a spade a spade”. Agreed, but you seem to do that every single time you post except when you choose to be overly negative. 

The trick is Skips, you have to pepper in some positive to balance it out, otherwise you're either a homer or a troll. And track record matters. If you've been around a little while, people remember the things you got right when it comes to prospects, and you have to openly acknowledge the ones you got wrong. Just as an example, somebody bumped a thread on Grant Green recently. In that thread, it's pretty clear I was dead wrong about Grant Green as a prospect, but I also hit the nail on the head with CJ Cron. But this is also from the era where I thought Kyle Kubitza was going to be legit. 

The Angels farm system absolutely does suck. You can say that and I hardly think anyone would deny that. But it's pretty freaking sweet having Zach Neto, Logan O'Hoppe, Nolan Schanuel, and other young building blocks on the team. 

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

“But sometimes you need to call a spade a spade”. Agreed, but you seem to do that every single time you post except when you choose to be overly negative. 

I want to be clear- a heart is also a spade

Edited by Revad

1 minute ago, Second Base said:

Yup I was on that bandwagon too. Hey there's still a chance, he's only like 38. Could make a comeback. 

I didn't follow the minor leagues back then all that much, so never experienced disappointment around Arias. I only really started following it in the early 2000s, with the Kotchman/McPherson/Wood/Mathis/Kendrick crew. So I suppose my first big prospect disappointment was...Brian Specht? Then some of the guys mentioned above. 

Actually, I do remember being hopeful about Todd Greene, who was around the Arias era. That guy mashed in the minors.

3 hours ago, Second Base said:

Yup I was on that bandwagon too. Hey there's still a chance, he's only like 38. Could make a comeback. 

I think you're thinking Joaquin Arias, George has to be at least 50 by now.

He was a byproduct of the old Midland Angels park -- one of the most HR happy parks in MiLB history.  Didn't help that the Angels AAA club at the time was the old Vancouver park that was also pretty offense happy.

Dude was allergic to walks but loved Ks.

5 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

I didn't follow the minor leagues back then all that much, so never experienced disappointment around Arias. I only really started following it in the early 2000s, with the Kotchman/McPherson/Wood/Mathis/Kendrick crew. So I suppose my first big prospect disappointment was...Brian Specht? Then some of the guys mentioned above. 

Actually, I do remember being hopeful about Todd Greene, who was around the Arias era. That guy mashed in the minors.

My first several prospect disappointments were Bobby Clark and Billy Parker. Both tore up AAA in SLC and neither really did much in the Majors.

Then somewhere I read about the thin air in Salt Lake and I learned to take offensive numbers with a rather large grain of salt. 

~ArkyRamsFan~

10 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

He was a byproduct of the old Midland Angels park -- one of the most HR happy parks in MiLB history.  Didn't help that the Angels AAA club at the time was the old Vancouver park that was also pretty offense happy.

He is, indeed, 51.

8 hours ago, ArkyAngelsFan said:

My first several prospect disappointments were Bobby Clark and Billy Parker. Both tore up AAA in SLC and neither really did much in the Majors.

Then somewhere I read about the thin air in Salt Lake and I learned to take offensive numbers with a rather large grain of salt. 

~ArkyRamsFan~

I had to look those up - just before my time as a pipsqueak fan (c. 1980ish) and well before I locked into seriously following the team as younger teen (c. 1987).

14 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

When @Angelsjunky said "he who must not be named" I thought he was referring to Brandon Wood. I was wrong about Wood, I thought he'd be the next Cal Ripken. 

I've been paying attention to prospects since around 2005 or 2006.  

Edited by Second Base

On 8/21/2023 at 8:20 PM, Chuckster70 said:

btw, @taylorblakeward is cooking up another ACL Angels, DSL Angels article to be published after their season is over. Essentially scouting reports and stats on the kids on those teams. 

Here's last years: 

This year's article of the 2023 ACL and DSL Angels by @taylorblakeward is dropping this afternoon. 

It's rich with informative content on those prospects and some real eye openers. Be on the lookout for it.