• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

Short night for O'Hoppe. Replaced as catcher in the bottom of the 5th. His line tonight was 1-2 with a double, walk and run scored. 

Previous to the walk the 66ers did a very Angels base running gaff.

Wild pitch moved the runner to third and then he gets picked off on the same play. 

17 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Vera, Ramirez, Placencia, and this year Blakely, continue to disappoint. They're all 20, with Blakely being 21. I assume they repeat at A+ ball? They're too young to be considered busts, but it is quite disappointing how they haven't really developed - at least according to the numbers.

Anyone heard anything positive about these guys this year? Placencia continues to have a nice walk rate, but that's just about it.

D'Shawn Knowles also seems to have stalled out and may soon join his buddy Trent Deveaux as a DFA, though I suspect they'll keep him around another year just to make sure.

Literally none of those Eppler international signings have worked out. Too soon to tell on Minasian's first couple tries (Guzman, Rada, etc, as well as Quero).

I'm intrigued by Kelvin Caceres, I really don't know anything about baseball prospects or how to analyze them, but I've heard good things, he seems to be the most promising of Eppler's international signings right now.  He's had some bad implosions but mostly seems to consistently have solid outings for RC

MLB Pipeline updated our top 30 today.  The list:

1. Logan O'Hoppe

2. Nolan Schanuel

3. Caden Dana

4. Nelson Rada

5. Alberto Rios

6. Kyren Paris

7. Denzer Guzman

8. Ben Joyce

9. Barrett Kent

10. Jack Kochanowicz

11. Adrian Placencia

12. Jorge Marcheco

13. Dario Laverde

14. Felix Morrobel

15. Jorge Ruiz

16. Jordyn Adams

17. Livan Soto

18. Werner Blakely

19. Camden Minacci

20. Walbert Urena

21. Victor Mederos

22. Ryan Costieu

23. Jadiel Sanchez

24. Randy De Jesus

25. Kelvin Caceres

26. Juan Flores

27. Trey Cabbage

28. Capri Ortiz

29. John Wimmer

30. Adrian Acosta

57 minutes ago, mmc said:

I'm intrigued by Kelvin Caceres, I really don't know anything about baseball prospects or how to analyze them, but I've heard good things, he seems to be the most promising of Eppler's international signings right now.  He's had some bad implosions but mostly seems to consistently have solid outings for RC

K’s are massive, but so are the BBs.

As for the prospects we traded:

Coleman Crow (Mets #29)

Landon Marceaux (Mets unranked)

Jeremiah Jackson (Mets #22)

Edgar Quero (White Sox #3)

Ky Bush (White Sox #9)

Mason Albright (Rockies #22)

Jake Madden (Rockies #23)

Connor van Scoyoc (Rockies unranked)

This is why I don't really agree with the narrative that we somehow depleted the farm, the only trade that really made any type of dent was the Giolito/Lopez one and if we keep both players I don't think we'll mind it.  The other guys aren't even top 20 guys.

Vera, Ramirez, Placencia, and this year Blakely, continue to disappoint. They're all 20, with Blakely being 21. I assume they repeat at A+ ball? They're too young to be considered busts, but it is quite disappointing how they haven't really developed - at least according to the numbers.

Anyone heard anything positive about these guys this year? Placencia continues to have a nice walk rate, but that's just about it.

D'Shawn Knowles also seems to have stalled out and may soon join his buddy Trent Deveaux as a DFA, though I suspect they'll keep him around another year just to make sure.

Literally none of those Eppler international signings have worked out. Too soon to tell on Minasian's first couple tries (Guzman, Rada, etc, as well as Quero).

Edited 17 hours ago by Angelsjunky

20 is young for High A ball. Old is 23 for High A. Give them another year or two to figure it out.