• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

If the season started today.... POLL

If the season started today, with the current roster....  

79 members have voted

1. 1. How many wins do the Angels finish with?

• 96+ wins
    • 92-95 wins
    • 87-91 wins
    • 82-86 wins
    • 75-81 wins
  2. 2. How bout playoff contention?

• Division winners
    • WC 1 winners
    • WC 2 winners
    • WC 3 winners
    • Miss playoffs

8 minutes ago, Stradling said:

So a modest move or two before the season starts and a trade at the deadline makes them a playoff team in your eyes?  

Million dollar question (literally) is how healthy will Trout/Rendon be.
Also was 2022 a fluke year for Ward / Sandoval ? Will Rengifo perform and what will Walsh / Fletcher do?

To your question, I don't think a modest move makes us playoff contenders. 
Competing against the Mariners, Rays, Blue Jays, Orioles, White Sox and maybe even Rangers for a WC spot looks very difficult.

1 minute ago, Taylor said:

82-86, miss playoffs. For the past eight seasons or so we go into it saying, "If everything goes right, this is easily a 90+ win team." 

Spoiler alert, everything never goes right. 
Winning 85 would be a 12 game improvement over last year and still leave us 5 back of where the Ms where so, yeah, another third place season and no playoffs... and once again completely self inflicted as everything we needed was available. 

6 minutes ago, floplag said:

Winning 85 would be a 12 game improvement over last year and still leave us 5 back of where the Ms where so, yeah, another third place season and no playoffs... and once again completely self inflicted as everything we needed was available. 

That's my point. We always have false hope that somehow everything could go right, none of the best players will get injured, etc. 

It's all about injuries... IF/When Rendon goes down and if Trout can stay healthy! We have a little better ability to score some runs with the lineup additions of Urshela & Renfroe will they become the 25 HR/90 Rbi replacements? Historically, speaking the Renfroe pickup works full-time play wise (could move him up into the middle from the 6th spot for a short run if needed. Urshela hasn't really put up those full-time #'s back to back he would also need to move up in the order from around the 7th spot and more into a run producer spot. He did it in 2019 his power #'s declined a bit about 8 bombs vs 2019. Which is a lot when we see that Rengifo jumped from 7 to 17 and became a huge part of the lineup.

I like the 2 pickups as they add some flexibility to the lineup. And a less reliance on the unproven. Rendon goes down move Urshela then Walsh HAS TO COME THROUGH! Trout goes down Ward to CF and Adell HAS TO COME THOUGH! It's all relevant!

Catcher didn't happen! I wanted William Contreras from the Braves. Who was dealt to the Brewers. I think we will see another move for a SS and another arm like a re-sign of Lorenzen.. 

Right now, currently constructed I'm thinking we are a 77-84 win team! Does it get you into a 1 game WC? Maybe, maybe not?...All depends on an injury to any of the Big 3. Ohtani, Trout, Rendon. 

Pitching some it's more than jumps SANDAVOL & Detmers must win more than 7 games! Try doubling that for a chance at a Playoff spot.

11 minutes ago, Taylor said:

That's my point. We always have false hope that somehow everything could go right, none of the best players will get injured, etc. 

We have helped out depth, 100%, but we had chances to help the front lines, and havent, at least not impactfully.  Theres still time for Perry to do something but hes lost all the leverage and will have to give up a lot of things people here will not like to do it.

17 minutes ago, jordan said:

We miss playoffs and are middle of the pack with 80 wins.  Ohtani is traded also. Life after Ohtani begins.  

If this is where we project, and its about right and seems to be consensus, there is no reason to not trade him not and get more value. 
Not what i wanted or hoped, but this is where we are today.

5 minutes ago, floplag said:

If this is where we project, and its about right and seems to be consensus, there is no reason to not trade him not and get more value. 

Ohtani, Loup, Tepera, Urshela and Renfroe to trade at the deadline.  Plus new owners coming in.  Could be worse.

87 wins. Have no idea about the playoffs, but definitely not the division. They'll duke it out with the Mariners and Rangers for second place.

If Trout and Rendon are healthy, Ohtani continues as is, and most everyone else continues as is or slightly improves, they could reach 90+ wins. But given all the question marks, I think the likely range is somewhere in the 82-88 range, with 87 being "slightly optimistic, but reasonable."

36 minutes ago, floplag said:

I like the moves Perry has made thus far, but nothing pushes the Angels in the playoff picture so far.  I do see better seasons from Sandoval and Detmers. If either or both of them pitch like a #2 or 1b, Angels could move into wild card picture.  That’s a huge IF. 

36 minutes ago, Revad said:

Ohtani, Loup, Tepera, Urshela and Renfroe to trade at the deadline.  Plus new owners coming in.  Could be worse.

You get more trading them now, and if were not projected  to make the playoffs with a healthy roster there is little reason to assume all will go perfectly to do so. Ohtani is the only one i would trade now... they have to know if they have a chance at keeping him or not and unless they are 100% sure, its dumb not to. 

7 minutes ago, jordan said:

I like the moves Perry has made thus far, but nothing pushes the Angels in the playoff picture so far.  I do see better seasons from Sandoval and Detmers. If either or both of them pitch like a #2 or 1b, Angels could move into wild card picture.  That’s a huge IF. 

I love what hes done so far, started off doing the exact right things... but as usual were left wondering if or when they will finish the job, and its starting to look like they wont. 
A huge if isnt going to retain Ohtani, im sorry blast me all you want but thats just reality, hes gone if thats who we are.

1 hour ago, floplag said:

Haha. 

56 minutes ago, floplag said:

There are reasons to not trade them now. You just choose not to see them.