• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

If the season started today.... POLL

If the season started today, with the current roster....  

79 members have voted

1. 1. How many wins do the Angels finish with?

• 96+ wins
    • 92-95 wins
    • 87-91 wins
    • 82-86 wins
    • 75-81 wins
  2. 2. How bout playoff contention?

• Division winners
    • WC 1 winners
    • WC 2 winners
    • WC 3 winners
    • Miss playoffs

On 12/14/2022 at 10:52 AM, angelsnationtalk said:

How do you think the Angels currently look if the season started today with the current roster? Do we make the playoffs?

I chose 87-91 wins and not making the playoffs. I just think we need to shore up the bullpen and I'd feel better with one more offensive player. Other than that, I think any hope for the playoffs involves the best possible scenario which is generally not the Angels scenario.

21 hours ago, Docwaukee said:

math GIF

I thought it was 15 at first nice minimalization... Many with narcissistic traits around here. Cheers~ Simple mistake, thanks for pointing it out and not adding anything to the Convo~ Maybe, you should read the whole edited post and not just pick and choose. 

They Sandoval had 6 and Detmers 7 wins if each got to 12 wins that is an additional 11 wins we were 13 out of a spot so we would need 2 more for a total of +13 wins to qualify for the WC round playoff with the Rays. Or, a we would need the additional 11 + 3 for 14 wins and have ended with 87 in 2022.

1 hour ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

I thought it was 15 at first nice minimalization... Many with narcissistic traits around here. Cheers~ Simple mistake, thanks for pointing it out and not adding anything to the Convo~ Maybe, you should read the whole edited post and not just pick and choose. 

They Sandoval had 6 and Detmers 7 wins if each got to 12 wins that is an additional 11 wins we were 13 out of a spot so we would need 2 more for a total of +13 wins to qualify for the WC round playoff with the Rays. Or, a we would need the additional 11 + 3 for 14 wins and have ended with 87 in 2022.

your avatar has gammons laughing which seems rather ironic considering you apparently can't take a joke.  

57 minutes ago, Docwaukee said:

your avatar has gammons laughing which seems rather ironic considering you apparently can't take a joke.  

Considering, all of the BS tossers/Keyboard warriors in here that love to beat down on my thoughts since I actually played the game and understand the internal aspect, development and scouting side. yeah, its a normal rational response. I tire of the moronic hateful responses mostly. My previous one of an old dude holding a baseball can no longer be found. But, thanks! And Merry Christmas Doc! Apologies, I guess, I expected more from you.

14 minutes ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

Considering, all of the BS tossers/Keyboard warriors in here that love to beat down on my thoughts since I actually played the game and understand the internal aspect, development and scouting side. yeah, its a normal rational response. I tire of the moronic hateful responses mostly. My previous one of an old dude holding a baseball can no longer be found. But, thanks! And Merry Christmas Doc! Apologies, I guess, I expected more from you.

Wow, you are a pretentious jackass.

And you obviously don't know more about baseball than anyone else here because you're literally using pitcher wins as your entire argument. 

Edited by tdawg87

6 hours ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

I certainly didn't from you.  

22 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

Wow, you are a pretentious jackass.

And you obviously don't know more about baseball than anyone else here because you're literally using pitcher wins as your 

I look at ways to get to the # of wins needed to reach the playoffs. It's a team game and pitchers are credited for wins. So, yes, Without Wins you Lose. That's the base level breakdown. Our Top arm was Ohtani he won 15 games in 28 starts. You need other arms to step up. Even though the stats were great for Sandavol and at times Detmers. Their overall production fell flat based on Wins needed to equate to a playoff spot. It doesn't matter who it is a bullpen guy with 10 wins. The bottomline is that if we would had won 13-15 more games last year we would had been in a WC spot. 

So, yes, in fact Wins matter as a pitching stat. They aren't the end all when you are discussing valuation of salary, or overall individual production. But, at the base level. IF YOU DON'T WIN. Your season ends at game 162.

9 hours ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

I look at ways to get to the # of wins needed to reach the playoffs. It's a team game and pitchers are credited for wins. So, yes, Without Wins you Lose. That's the base level breakdown. Our Top arm was Ohtani he won 15 games in 28 starts. You need other arms to step up. Even though the stats were great for Sandavol and at times Detmers. Their overall production fell flat based on Wins needed to equate to a playoff spot. It doesn't matter who it is a bullpen guy with 10 wins. The bottomline is that if we would had won 13-15 more games last year we would had been in a WC spot. 

So, yes, in fact Wins matter as a pitching stat. They aren't the end all when you are discussing valuation of salary, or overall individual production. But, at the base level. IF YOU DON'T WIN. Your season ends at game 162.

You can credit anyone you want with any stat you want.  It doesn't make them wholly responsible for it.  Adding up wins tells you nothing about how to get them. 

Our offense will get better if we get Mike Trout to score more runs.  We need him to step up.   

14 hours ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

You still think a pitchers ability to win is based on their performance alone? 

Last year the Angels ranked 24th in batting average. 26th in On Base Percentage. 23rd in OPS. 25th in runs scored. The only 2 teams worse in the AL were Oakland and the Tigers. 

They were 9th in total ERA. 

It's not the fucking pitching.