• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Now what? What moves would you like to see them make.

Stradling

2 minutes ago, AngelStew43 said:

And if the Angels were to include Adell?  Acquiring Reynolds would leave both Adell and Moniak without a position.  Adell with 4 years of club control would certainly appeal to a club like the Pirates. 

Adell has like no trade value currently.  Or next to none.  

17 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

Adell has like no trade value currently.  Or next to none.  

People don't seem to get it. Adell isn't Marsh. No one is trading someone good for him. Moniak is a reclamation project that might end up being something. Neither is a guy who you worry about blocking at this point. They're guys you reluctantly play if the real major leaguers get injured.

30 minutes ago, Taylor said:

F it. Sign Correa and Nimmo and call it an off season.

If Correa and Nimmo were the difference between playoffs and no playoffs, then I'd agree with you. Splashy as the recent moves have been, this was a 73 win team last year. Even if you're being unreasonably optimistic, this is now an 80 win team. In the most positive, rose colored glasses, Correa and Nimmo make this, what.... An 85 win team? Even then we aren't October bound. 

As it stands, I'm not sure this "go for it" approach of Minasian's is going to be fruitful. If successful, they might be a .500 ball club and still lose Ohtani for nothing. 

4 minutes ago, Second Base said:

If Correa and Nimmo were the difference between playoffs and no playoffs, then I'd agree with you. Splashy as the recent moves have been, this was a 73 win team last year. Even if you're being unreasonably optimistic, this is now an 80 win team. In the most positive, rose colored glasses, Correa and Nimmo make this, what.... An 85 win team? Even then we aren't October bound. 

As it stands, I'm not sure this "go for it" approach of Minasian's is going to be fruitful. If successful, they might be a .500 ball club and still lose Ohtani for nothing. 

The team that will begin the 2023 season healthy was NOT the 73 win team.  Anyone who tries to pull that parlor trick on this forum is underestimating the homies.

1 hour ago, Trendon said:

Yeah, sorry, but both of your proposals for Reynolds get laughed at by the Pirates.

Most of the players you mentioned have little value as headliners and would just be thrown-ins to get a deal over the finish line.

Also, a Reynolds trade doesn’t occur in a vacuum. Other teams with better trade assets who value Reynolds just as much, or more if they want him to play CF, will drive the price up.

Look at the Pirates last few trades of significant players. They got garbage in return and the only good player that comes to mind that they got from the Astros, Joe Musgrove, they flipped later on for 💩

Any other team and that offer gets crickets or laughed at but I’ve seen enough brain dead moves by Pittsburg in recent years that I wouldn’t doubt we could get Reynolds for a package of players and prospects not named Logan O’Hoppe and Zach Neto or Reid Detmers from our current rotation. 

I’d part with Suarez, Bachman and Adell for him at most. 

37 minutes ago, Second Base said:

But it would make us happy and excited for the season to start.

1 minute ago, Chuckster70 said:

Rank your top three closers to get via FA or possibly available via trade. 

all the free agents are kinda gross for the amount of money they'd cost.  But I'd probably prefer Jansen.  

Bednar from PIT or Barlow from KC.  the latter might come cheaper because he's arb 2.  Or an even cheaper trade option might be Dylan Floro who's an arb 3.  

55 minutes ago, Second Base said:

I disagree with this. There’s virtually no way that Urshela, Anderson, Correa and Nimmo only amount to 7 wins.  It’s probably 4-5 wins just with Urshela taking at bats away from the guys like Gosselin, Duffy, Thaiss, MacKinnon. 

12 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I disagree with this. There’s virtually no way that Urshela, Anderson, Correa and Nimmo only amount to 7 wins.  It’s probably 4-5 wins just with Urshela taking at bats away from the guys like Gosselin, Duffy, Thaiss, MacKinnon. 

For sure…Correa vs Velasquez Seems like way more than 5 wins by himself. Nimmo vs adell and his defense…

1 hour ago, Second Base said:

I haven't been overly bullish on the team of late, but I think this is underselling.  

58 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Look at the Pirates last few trades of significant players. They got garbage in return and the only good player that comes to mind that they got from the Astros, Joe Musgrove, they flipped later on for 💩

Any other team and that offer gets crickets or laughed at but I’ve seen enough brain dead moves by Pittsburg in recent years that I wouldn’t doubt we could get Reynolds for a package of players and prospects not named Logan O’Hoppe and Zach Neto or Reid Detmers from our current rotation. 

I’d part with Suarez, Bachman and Adell for him at most. 

I like it, Chuck.  I'd part with Suarez, Barria, and Adell.  I'd like to get a look at Bachman as a possible bullpen arm.  JMO, but I think Bachman may be best used as a late inning reliever.  

2 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Pirates got Endy Rodriguez in the Musgrove deal, who looks like a future stud catcher.

I just don’t think that package gets you Reynolds. Agree to disagree I guess.

3 hours ago, Pancake Bear said:

People don't seem to get it. Adell isn't Marsh. No one is trading someone good for him. Moniak is a reclamation project that might end up being something. Neither is a guy who you worry about blocking at this point. They're guys you reluctantly play if the real major leaguers get injured.

Right.  Marsh's floor was somewhat below average starting CF, but a definite MLB player - draws walks, solid CF defense.  Adell's floor is basically Brandon Wood - can't walk, K's a ton, and even worse defense.  Basically - not someone who will stay in the MLB for long.

I think a lot of fans for all teams tend to overrate their prospects, and I think a lot of people look at Adell as a prospect who has just lost a little bit of value, as opposed to one who has basically lost just about all of his value.  That's not to say he can't turn it around and become a good MLB player, but as of now, he has not looked like someone who can stay in the majors, and we aren't talking about just a few games - he has had essentially a full season's worth of at-bats now scattered over several years.

1 hour ago, Trendon said:

Pirates got Endy Rodriguez in the Musgrove deal, who looks like a future stud catcher.

I just don’t think that package gets you Reynolds. Agree to disagree I guess.

Endy really put up a strong 2022 this past season. I'm hearing they're moving him off C to 2B since they have Henry Davis coming soon. 

Maybe it would take more but I just think the Pirates front office have gotten cheap returns than what they could have had for their top players over the past few years.

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

So you believe that Urshela is 4-5 wins above replacement?

7 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Endy really put up a strong 2022 this past season. I'm hearing they're moving him off C to 2B since they have Henry Davis coming soon. 

Maybe it would take more but I just think the Pirates front office have gotten cheap returns than what they could have for their top players over the past few years.

Quite the contrary, Endy is the Superior defender. They're going to begin experimenting with Davis at corner infield and outfield.