• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2022-23 Offseason Hot Stove Thread

mmc

On 12/26/2022 at 11:48 AM, Docwaukee said:

Slider is the thing that needs work.  It's kinda slurvy and he doesn't spot it well.  It's purely a show me pitch right now.  I've seen it be sharp at time but he's gonna have to control it better.  He'll get called up when and only when that becomes a useful complementary pitch.  

I was simply referring to its velocity, Doc, not how good of a pitch it is. Yes it absolutely needs work, for sure.

4 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Let's stay under the tax this year, so that just in case Ohtani is interested in returning, we won't be exceeding it on a multi year basis and incurring stricter penalties. 

If the people in the org writing the checks don't care about the tax level then neither do I. Hopefully they don't care 

1 hour ago, Second Base said:

Let's stay under the tax this year, so that just in case Ohtani is interested in returning, we won't be exceeding it on a multi year basis and incurring stricter penalties. 

Remember lot of money coming off after this year. They need to put a winner that can contend to have a chance at keeping Ohtani. Raise ticket prices, parking, beer, hot dogs and especially those nachos in a helmet. A winner on the field will put fans in the stands. All of this will pay lux tax.

Texas is really going high upside and high durability risk this off-season for the rotation. Next they'll trade for Chris Sale. /s

If their top guys all hit their upside and put some innings in, they could be pretty good (Eovaldi was pushing 6 wins in 2021), but considering the missed games already in the rotation, Eovaldi is a hell of a risk for them to be taking. Would've been a better fit for the Angels considering the 6 man rotation and ability to absorb risk, but 🐸 ☕️.

13 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

Texas is really going high upside and high durability risk this off-season for the rotation. Next they'll trade for Chris Sale. /s

If their top guys all hit their upside and put some innings in, they could be pretty good (Eovaldi was pushing 6 wins in 2021), but considering the missed games already in the rotation, Eovaldi is a hell of a risk for them to be taking. Would've been a better fit for the Angels considering the 6 man rotation and ability to absorb risk, but 🐸☕️.

Or get Trevor

2 hours ago, Second Base said:

if they're worried about the tax, then ohtani won't be something they have to worry about much longer.

11 minutes ago, ukyah said:

if they're worried about the tax, then ohtani won't be something they have to worry about much longer.

Like I have said, it is entirely possible that Arte doesn’t want to handcuff the new ownership with being repeat offenders of the luxury tax.  It would suck to pay a premium for every free agent your first year as owner.

Just now, Stradling said:

Like I have said, it is entirely possible that Arte doesn’t want to handcuff the new ownership with being repeat offenders of the luxury tax.  It would suck to pay a premium for every free agent your first year as owner.

i don't mean arte, i mean the owners moving forward. if we get owners who are super conscious of the tax, as arte has been, then ohtani is history.