• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What's the lineup in 2025?

Hubs

Angelswin Oracles, 

I ask you, what is the lineup and rotation not next year, but on opening day in three years. I think they will do their best to win next season and keep Ohtani for a few more years. But you may disagree. I feel like for the first time in over a decade, they have a solid core of young position players ready to contribute starting in 2023, and 2024 a lot of new faces will be up.

2B Fletcher

CF Trout

DH Ohtani

RF Judge

3B Rendon

C O'Hoppe

1B DiChara

LF Ward

SS Neto

SP1 Ohtani

SP2 Detmers

SP3 Sandoval

SP4 Bush

SP5 Bachman

SP6 Silseth

CL Joyce

20 hours ago, Hubs said:

I'm sort of joking with the Judge pick, but the way Arte operates, I'm not totally joking. Even though he's selling the team, he may go for it one more time.

It's far more likely Adell or Calabrese, Moniak or Adams in CF and Trout in Left, Ward in RF. 

Arte is trying to sell the team - he will act differently now.  No new owner will want to inherit tons of debt from the previous owner, and rather, would likely want to make their own decisions in terms of payroll.

I highly doubt we will see any significant contract given in the offseason.  We will probably see 1 and 2 year deals, but I doubt anything more than that.  Judge is not coming here, and in truth, we have no business signing him anyway until this team improves further and starts pumping out young, cheap talent in droves.  THAT would be the time to start shelling out big deals to free agents, not before then.

On 9/1/2022 at 12:01 PM, Hubs said:

I'm sort of joking with the Judge pick, but the way Arte operates, I'm not totally joking. Even though he's selling the team, he may go for it one more time.

It's far more likely Adell or Calabrese, Moniak or Adams in CF and Trout in Left, Ward in RF. 

Thank you for clarifying 🤣

3 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

I'm still mourning the fact that the 2025 lineup won't include Brandon Marsh, and maybe not even Jo Adell or Jordyn Adams. 

Pretty wild…

And let that be a lesson for people who think the Angels have a middle infield surplus, because they don’t since prospects will often fail to reach their potential.

58 minutes ago, Trendon said:

Pretty wild…

And let that be a lesson for people who think the Angels have a middle infield surplus, because they don’t since prospects will often fail to reach their potential.

I do think that Marsh will end up being a solid MLB player.  I think the FO decided they wanted to strengthen C more than they wanted a young OF.  A lot of Marsh's value comes from his CF defense, which wasn't that essential for us given we have Trout manning CF.  I think Adell, though, will likely not materialize, unless he makes a significant leap in his plate discipline.