• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Moreno Family Exploring Sale of the Los Angeles Angels

axalar

Arte knowing he was selling the team and making it known he wasn't going to approve an Ohtani trade is pretty significant. It means he either wants Ohtani on the team for 2023 and to try and create a competitive team while the team is sold. Or, he wants to extend Ohtani and have that as part of the appeal for a new owner. The one thing I think is pretty obvious is that they most likely are not going to trade Ohtani this offseason. 

16 minutes ago, ThisismineScios said:

Arte knowing he was selling the team and making it known he wasn't going to approve an Ohtani trade is pretty significant. It means he either wants Ohtani on the team for 2023 and to try and create a competitive team while the team is sold. Or, he wants to extend Ohtani and have that as part of the appeal for a new owner. The one thing I think is pretty obvious is that they most likely are not going to trade Ohtani this offseason. 

Or door #3. He doesn't want to be known as the guy who traded Ohtani...

5 hours ago, ThisismineScios said:

And by him not trading him will set this franchise back for many years to come. We will become the laughing stock when Ohtani walks down the 5 freeway and those fuckers win multiple world series with him 

Now I’m hearing, not confirmed yet, that if the Halos ate even part of Iglesias’ contract, that there were teams willing to send a solid prospects or two to the Halos.

Moreno is haggling over being responsible for what?   $25 million?

If he knew he was selling the team, why worry about that piddling amount?

Nickels and Dimes Moreno

36 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Now I’m hearing, not confirmed yet, that if the Halos ate even part of Iglesias’ contract, that there were teams willing to send a solid prospects or two to the Halos.

Nickels and Dimes Moreno

source?

44 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Nickels and Dimes Moreno

Granted, I don’t know:

a. If that’s true.

b. Who the “solid prospects” were

BUT, I’d generally prefer to just clear off his entire salary and take a lesser prospect return than have to eat part of his salary to get a better prospect return.

It’s not my money, but I care how the Angels allocate the money they do spend because it impacts how they can upgrade their overall roster.

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

Nickels and Dimes Moreno

I heard the same thing a few days after the deadline.  Arte going to Fuck us on his way out 

8 hours ago, Ron Mexico said:

And by him not trading him will set this franchise back for many years to come. We will become the laughing stock when Ohtani walks down the 5 freeway and those fuckers win multiple world series with him 

Lol what? This franchise is not where it is because it didn't sell its players. Development and creating positional depth will do much more to help the franchise than not trading Ohtani will do to hurt it. And it's not really close. By your logic, trading Ohtani alone will set the franchise up for success for many years to come. That's silly. 

47 minutes ago, Ron Mexico said:

I heard the same thing a few days after the deadline.  Arte going to Fuck us on his way out 

I heard if we would have traded Rendon, ate all his money, and traded Loup and Tepera and paid their entire 2023 salaries we could have gotten good prospects back in return. Thanks Arte. 

On 8/24/2022 at 8:42 PM, 3pitchwalk said:

arte dipping to enjoy 2-3 billion in the bank for the rest of his life without having to deal with angry tweets reeing about how he wont spend or why minor leaguers have to suffer taco bell. must be nice.

also i don't think digiovanna knows shit. he's probably the furthest of all the reporters associated with the angels to have any kind of contact that's close to arte.

LOL, DiGiovanna has covered the Angels since before Arte bought them. No one in this market knows more about them. You should read this:

https://www.latimes.com/sports/angels/story/2022-08-23/angels-lost-decade-mike-trout-arte-moreno-shohei-ohtani

4 hours ago, yk9001 said:

Can't find the Vernon Wells over the fence gif

I got you(since I made it)

The play in real time

9V0IvvP.gif

But more importantly, here's the real highlight

046HhyQ.gif

My favorite part of this is always seeing the ball bounce in the background just as Wells feet disappear behind the wall