• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Fernando Tatis Jr suspended 80 games for testing positive for Clostebol

mmc

Why on earth would elite athletes already assured of making hundreds of millions put their long term health at risk? We're not talking about fringe guys trying to make a team or stay in the big leagues. The facts are clear, the rules are explicit. It's hard to listen to the absurd excuses that are the usual response when caught. 

And these athletes have management teams, advisors, trainers for guidance and direction. Short term gain, long term pain. And a tainted reputation as a part of their legacy.

Tough being a young fan, finding out his hero is a cheater.

IMG_20220809_221155_5.jpg

26 minutes ago, totdprods said:

At what point do we start getting people talking about the Angels taking on his contract in a trade.

This winter? Next offseason?

The standard practice among those who follow the brand names is to wait for three years of poor performance then after a two week hot streak built around something unsustainable such as BaBip to start clamoring for a trade because he USED to be good once.  

Is the ringworm reasoning incorrect due to mispelling? Someone pointed out the steroid in question: https://twitter.com/Hareeb_alSaq/status/1558243253962641409

"Ok, so, there is a medicine that treats ringworm that contains CLOBETASOL. Clobetasol is a cortico-(not anabolic) steroid. https://netdoctor.co.uk/medicines/skin-hair/a6540/clobetasol-neomycin-and-nystatin-cream-ointment/

Tatis got busted for CLOSTEBOL, an anabolic steroid. Looks like somebody screwed up their googling coming up with that excuse."

20 minutes ago, budice0 said:

Is the ringworm reasoning incorrect due to mispelling? Someone pointed out the steroid in question: https://twitter.com/Hareeb_alSaq/status/1558243253962641409

"Ok, so, there is a medicine that treats ringworm that contains CLOBETASOL. Clobetasol is a cortico-(not anabolic) steroid. https://netdoctor.co.uk/medicines/skin-hair/a6540/clobetasol-neomycin-and-nystatin-cream-ointment/

Tatis got busted for CLOSTEBOL, an anabolic steroid. Looks like somebody screwed up their googling coming up with that excuse."

Yep, they wanted a quick reply (excuse) from Tatis and googled clostebol and before this happened one of the top search results was clobetasol to treat ring worm since it’s similar in spelling.  Now all the top results are about Tatis but they definitely screwed up bad. 

I was looking more into this because I'm a nerd about this stuff and follow various doctors, but no one I follow has wrote or made a video about this yet. But it's the same thing Dee Gordon got popped for many years ago.

It is used for dermatological uses. We used to use something similar when I was younger because us wrestlers always got ringworm from rolling around on the mats, etc. and we went with the prescribed topical steroid route to try to get rid of it faster because you couldn't compete with it and the over the counter stuff was slower.

But looking at the molecular compound and comparing it to stuff I know or can identify, it's basically a weak Anavar......which is a well documented steroid. It also doesn't convert to DHT or estrogen, so it's essentially just a straight testosterone, but mild. So he's not going to get popped like a lot of dudes do with estrogen masking or lower estrogen level that set off the red flag. He must have had elevated testosterone levels, but he always would if he was taking it consistently and it not popping.

Having an interest in science and somewhat of a background in it, I like to test theories or play devils advocate to also test without any bias. My initial thought is that it's very weak to use for performance enhancing effects as you'd use some better or stronger. But with it basically being straight testosterone with no estrogen effects, it's going to possess muscle regenerative qualities that do work the way regular or common steroids do.

Here is a basic molecular compound outline without getting overly nerdy on molecular breakdowns: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clostebol

3 hours ago, budice0 said:

There is no misunderstanding or mistake. He got caught, wanted to get the first statement out, and someone in his crew screwed up the spelling. He’s obviously lying. He instantly didn’t appeal. 

The stories around this guy are nuts. Lying about injuries, refusing consensus medical opinion, Vegas stories I heard about drugs and cash and girls from someone who was with him. He’s out of control. 

38 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I was looking more into this because I'm a nerd about this stuff and follow various doctors, but no one I follow has wrote or made a video about this yet. But it's the same thing Dee Gordon got popped for many years ago.

It is used for dermatological uses. We used to use something similar when I was younger because us wrestlers always got ringworm from rolling around on the mats, etc. and we went with the prescribed topical steroid route to try to get rid of it faster because you couldn't compete with it and the over the counter stuff was slower.

But looking at the molecular compound and comparing it to stuff I know or can identify, it's basically a weak Anavar......which is a well documented steroid. It also doesn't convert to DHT or estrogen, so it's essentially just a straight testosterone, but mild. So he's not going to get popped like a lot of dudes do with estrogen masking or lower estrogen level that set off the red flag. He must have had elevated testosterone levels, but he always would if he was taking it consistently and it not popping.

Having an interest in science and somewhat of a background in it, I like to test theories or play devils advocate to also test without any bias. My initial thought is that it's very weak to use for performance enhancing effects as you'd use some better or stronger. But with it basically being straight testosterone with no estrogen effects, it's going to possess muscle regenerative qualities that do work the way regular or common steroids do.

Here is a basic molecular compound outline without getting overly nerdy on molecular breakdowns: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clostebol

Obviously you have to think about these things primarily in terms of getting caught. Everyone is looking for an edge, no matter how small, and if he thought this was something that could provide that without the same likelyhood of getting caught then there you go.

4 hours ago, zenmaster said:

Yep, they wanted a quick reply (excuse) from Tatis and googled clostebol and before this happened one of the top search results was clobetasol to treat ring worm since it’s similar in spelling.  Now all the top results are about Tatis but they definitely screwed up bad. 

Why did they need a quick reply?  He’s known for at least a month.  

I think mlb should initiate a change to guaranteed contracts as it relates to failed PED tests. If a player fails a PED test the team should have the duration of the suspension to void the contract. If they don’t they are on the hook for the remainder of the deal.  They could add some tweaks like, the suspended player can’t be traded during the suspension, so the team won’t get any value in return. Or the team can only void the deal with the first suspension.  So if the player tests positive again the team is on the hook because they didn’t void it with the first suspension. This would allow the free market to decide value. Would players coming off of suspensions get decent contracts if they were suddenly free agents?  Would other players sign with a team that voided contracts?  Players would think twice about PEDs and teams will have to think long and hard about releasing players. 

32 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I think mlb should initiate a change to guaranteed contracts as it relates to failed PED tests. If a player fails a PED test the team should have the duration of the suspension to void the contract. If they don’t they are on the hook for the remainder of the deal.  They could add some tweaks like, the suspended player can’t be traded during the suspension, so the team won’t get any value in return. Or the team can only void the deal with the first suspension.  So if the player tests positive again the team is on the hook because they didn’t void it with the first suspension. This would allow the free market to decide value. Would players coming off of suspensions get decent contracts if they were suddenly free agents?  Would other players sign with a team that voided contracts?  Players would think twice about PEDs and teams will have to think long and hard about releasing players. 

I like it. They should also just make all contracts baseline with performance kickers. Essentially you could have a limitless salary based on different metrics. However, if you’re having a shit season, you hover around the baseline and teams aren’t crippled with dog shit contracts. Rookies who come in hot can make some solid money and everyone wins.