• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Imagine if we got Hosmer

51 minutes ago, notherhalo said:

Seems like an Angels move

So funny enough. Years back I was with some ballplayers. Our team and others. It was the year he was a FA.

One told me the Angels needed to get him, he was a no brainer for them. I made my argument about who I wanted out of that FA class. They all looked at me like I was and idoit. (They turned out partially correct).

After I said my piece, a poll was taken of the group, who the Angels should sign. Each one was adamant Hosmer was the perfect fit for this team.

The reality is these things are sooo hard to predict, outside of the no brainers.

Believe it out not, Hosmer is a clubhouse captain. He has a future in a front office when his playing days are done, if he wants. He's not a bad player, he just gets a bad rap because he's an average hitter with a big contract at a position that traditionally produces greater offensive results.

He would've been considered a good first basemen 20-30 years ago in the Mattingly/Joyner mold. But baseball has changed.