• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

M'S get Castillo

4 minutes ago, mmc said:

Yep and that’s the extent of my investment, whereas before I’d religiously watch every Angels game and usually a good chunk of at least one other one every day

Same here bud. I spend more time on here than I do watching the games these days. I'm more invested in the future of the club (So trades, Hot Stove) and the farm system and the development of our prospects. 

17 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Good for them! They gave up their top three prospects, but that's what it takes to get a legit starting pitcher. 

Dear God, my trip to Seattle keeps getting worse and worse. 

Ohtani, Syndergaard and others could be gone by the time I go back next weekend, in addition to not having Trout. 

I’m going too Chuck. Yet, they are still our Angels. I hope to see Ohtani. He has been injured to both series’ I’ve been too since he’s been an Angel. 

I will always still be a fan. Coming from Saskatchewan Canada. 

Noelvi Marte is the #11 prospect in baseball according to Fangraphs, with a 60 FV. The other three aren't in the top 100, nor amongst the Mariners' top 5.  Arroyo is 40+, Stoudt 40, and Moore isn't even rated - no FV, for whatever reason. Probably would be 40, though.

So 1.3 years of Castillo for 60, 45+, 40, 40.

Castillo has a 2.1 WAR this year, compared to Ohtani's 5.2 (3.3 as a pitcher, 1.9 as hitter).  

This lines up with what I said in another thread. Some team is going to have to offer at least two 55 FV guys and/or three 50 FV guys - maybe more. Something like 60, 55, 50, 45.

40 minutes ago, Ender said:

Feels like we gave up a lot, but prospects are prospects and who knows how the hell they'll turn out. 

As much as I hate the Mariners (and it's with a passion), good for you guys. Good for baseball overall to see some new teams emerge as threats to the usual suspects.

You guys, Toronto, Baltimore, etc etc. Makes things interesting.

29 minutes ago, Lou said:

I just can't see Arte sending Ohtani to the Dodgers or Mets.

I can't either. And I hate the Dodgers more than almost anything else on earth.

But part of me would be happy. He'd end up in a great position, one where he can become a legend. And I could listen to his starts on the radio at work.

I don't want him going anywhere, but there would be some bright sides.

Just now, ten ocho recon scout said:

But part of me would be happy. He'd end up in a great position, one where he can become a legend. And I could listen to his starts on the radio at work.

No.

A big F'N no.

3 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I think I would just disappear into the abyss if Ohtani was traded to the Dodgers. 

Yankees, Padres, Mets, Cardinals, anyone else....but not the Dodgers. 

7 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I think I would just disappear into the abyss if Ohtani was traded to the Dodgers. 

Yankees, Padres, Mets, Cardinals, anyone else....but not the Dodgers. 

It won't be the Yankees. They don't have enough of the elite prospects to warrant it. It won't be LA either, for obvious reasons. Nor the Mets via trade, not with Cohen the owner. 

It won't happen period, but if it did, it would be the Padres or the Cardinals. 

17 hours ago, Second Base said:

It won't be the Yankees. They don't have enough of the elite prospects to warrant it. It won't be LA either, for obvious reasons. Nor the Mets via trade, not with Cohen the owner. 

It won't happen period, but if it did, it would be the Padres or the Cardinals. 

JORDAN WALKER

Ohtani is going nowhere.  If he does I'll be stunned beyond the already crazy confused spot I'm in about this team and franchise.  

Also, the M's are a high end bat away from being a contender for the division.  They could afford Judge actually even though I think there is about a 1% chance the Yanks let him walk.  

I still have no clue what the halos are going to do.  And I really haven't had a clue about their process for the last 2-3 years.  At least 2.